Nebraska opts out of any Bowl game?

hawk52

Probably a moot point since an invite Probably wasn't coming but with all the whining about wanting to play at the start of the year this decision seems like they are tired of losing to decent teams

Last edited:
yeah, seeing Nebraska opt out of a bowl game shocked the heck out of me. Especially how big of a fit they threw before the season started.

1. If it was the players throwing in the towel, Frost neefs to go.
2. This may be a way to stick it to the B10 - lowers all the teams take home die to bowl revenue sharing.

I haven’t been following bowls this year, but at 3-5 how could they have made a bowl game.
Because it's 2020 and the following teams made bowls:

North Texas @ 4-5
Houston @ 3-4
South Carolina @ 2-8
Western Kentucky @ 5-6
Mississippi ST @ 3-7
Tennessee @ 3-7
Arkansas @ 3-7
Kentucky @ 4-6
Ol Miss @ 4-5

Then, get this, Army got hosed out of any game @ 9-2

Fellas, nebraska did this so people can’t say they didn’t make a bowl game four years in a row.

Now technically they missed three and “opted out” of this last one.

Because it's 2020 and the following teams made bowls:

North Texas @ 4-5
Houston @ 3-4
South Carolina @ 2-8
Western Kentucky @ 5-6
Mississippi ST @ 3-7
Tennessee @ 3-7
Arkansas @ 3-7
Kentucky @ 4-6
Ol Miss @ 4-5

Then, get this, Army got hosed out of any game @ 9-2
They couldn’t find a bowl game for 0-9 Vanderbilt????

Hawk living in enemy territory over here in Nebby. So what i find most interesting about it is Frost has rightly commented about the need to play more games. We've heard Ferentz talk about how important bowl prep is as a preparer and builder of guys in the program. How important those extra practices are for programs like Iowa/Wiscy the quote unquote developmental programs. Frost finally this year at times has thrown out that label over here that they need to be a developmental program. If that's the case, you want these bowl practices whether you go 2-8 or 6-6 or 10-2 or somewhere in between. Program missed a golden chance to improve itself. Continuing its progress of growing from a trashcan with flames in it to full out dumpster fire.