Nebby only had 270+ yards of offense

uihawk82

and they were +2 on turnovers but needed a 4th qtr TD to salt it away.

Is South Alabama pretty good? or was Nebby really underwhelming? I read a few posters saying Nebby looked below avg.

I hope this trend continues.

and they were +2 on turnovers but needed a 4th qtr TD to salt it away.

Is South Alabama pretty good? or was Nebby really underwhelming? I read a few posters saying Nebby looked below avg.

I hope this trend continues.
Martinez had a rough day, as did the Nebby OL. All I know about S. Bama is they went 3-9 last year.

Quite possible that a full season's worth of film on Frost-era Nebby and Martinez has opener avenues to neutralize them.

Watched a lot of the NB game on the tube. The Huskers really struggled to run the ball -- their O-line did not look strong. Their D-line played fast and aggressive and completely overmatched S.Alabama's O-line, but S.Bama was able to move the ball through the air. The biggest offensive problem for Nebby was when they had Martinez drop back, he just could not locate receivers...he'd stand in the pocket, stand in the pocket, and eventually bail but they contained him well. Whatever coverages SBama's secondary was using need to be duplicated! After watching that game, all I could think of was how the preseason BTen crew gushed about NB's offense and defense...I realized that was because they watched them playing against each other! It should be said the other key issue was that SBama's team speed was able to largely neutralize Nebraska's speed -- no small feat.

South Alabama had more total yardage to. To put this in perspective Miami Ohio would be a 14 point favorite against S Alabama per Sagarin and that’s usually fairly close to the Vegas line. Also, 3 of Nebraska’s scores were on defense. The S Alabama QB was no where near as good as Gabbert.

South Alabama had more total yardage to. To put this in perspective Miami Ohio would be a 14 point favorite against S Alabama per Sagarin and that’s usually fairly close to the Vegas line. Also, 3 of Nebraska’s scores were on defense. The S Alabama QB was no where near as good as Gabbert.
wow. long ways to go but husker fans might be in tears down the road

Can somebody knock that punk ass bitch on his kiester. So what if it's a 15 yard penalty, send a message
Oh South Alabama got some licks in on Martinez. I doubt he makes it to the Iowa game if that keeps up. Actually I think he’s 10 lbs heavier and he looks slower this year.

Nebby OL was getting pushed around by a Sunbelt team. Martinez looks like he ate a dozen Krispy Kremes before the game ... not nearly as fast as last year.

The narrative here is that the defense is great and the bad offense was aberration. Blackshirts!!!....puke.

The reality is the only were able to get pressure when they blitzed(it worked though), So. AL gave them 21 points on 5 turnovers, and Frost couldn't run the ball so decided to play a kid who facing misdemeanor and felony charges...a pretty bad look, but not surprising.

They lived on the big play and hyper aggressive defense....had a pick 6, a punt return score, a sack fumble score, a 2 other short field after turnovers,.....and won by 14.

So. AL had some athletes and I believe a solid coach and gameplan...QB showed flashes but had 3 Huge turnovers that were the difference.

I'm biased as I hate them and have to listen to the delusion constantly. But they didn't look good.

The do have some game breakers in Spielman and a couple others, a solid tight end, and a few solid linemen and linebackers.

Martinez took a lot of hits, scrambles a lot. Pressuring him and containing is key.

First said all the right things post game...but his body languageshiwed a little concern..., if CO beats them and they dont look much improved.....well...I'll love it.

Who knows, tough to gauge teams week one against unknown opponents. But nebby isn't scary

Most of the time I root for the B10 teams to win their non-conference games. With Northwestern and Nebraska...I root for them to lose every game. It's funny, I honestly think...ok, we need to have Nebraska be good so the B10 looks like a great conference, but the minute they come on the field...I want them to lose. I think it stems from the delusion of their fan base and I think, ok, if they lose this one...they will have some humility and understand that the program isn't a blue blood program and hasn't been since the late 90s.

Scott Frost has just breathed new life into the delusion. I hope Colorado kicks their asses next week.

Most of the time I root for the B10 teams to win their non-conference games. With Northwestern and Nebraska...I root for them to lose every game. It's funny, I honestly think...ok, we need to have Nebraska be good so the B10 looks like a great conference, but the minute they come on the field...I want them to lose. I think it stems from the delusion of their fan base and I think, ok, if they lose this one...they will have some humility and understand that the program isn't a blue blood program and hasn't been since the late 90s.

Scott Frost has just breathed new life into the delusion. I hope Colorado kicks their asses next week.
I'd say
CU 52
Nubs 40

Both defenses look like shit.

I'd say
CU 52
Nubs 40

Both defenses look like shit.

I'm watching the Co game today to try and put together a thought on this game.
I don't think Nebraska will suck as bad as they did this week. This game means a lot to them.
I think the line is Nebraska -7.5 will be checking out the lines tonight as well.

I'm watching the Co game today to try and put together a thought on this game.
I don't think Nebraska will suck as bad as they did this week. This game means a lot to them.
I think the line is Nebraska -7.5 will be checking out the lines tonight as well.
Any idea when the Vegas lines get released?

Latest posts