NCAA Quarantine

NBA players handled it pretty well. Most of the teams that have the potential to win 2+ games in the tournament have mature, older guys on their roster. I don't think it is going to be a big issue.

Last edited:
I can't speak for everyone, but when I was in college, spending a month in a 4 star hotel with fancy meals and my boys to hang and game with between practices would not be a bad way to chill. I assume they all still have virtual classes and homework to keep them busy as well. I think they will be just fine. This is a once in a lifetime moment for them in BB, I am sure they are focused on that.

I can't speak for everyone, but when I was in college, spending a month in a 4 star hotel with fancy meals and my boys to hang and game with between practices would not be a bad way to chill. I assume they all still have virtual classes and homework to keep them busy as well. I think they will be just fine. This is a once in a lifetime moment for them in BB, I am sure they are focused on that.
Bohannon will be a professional fortnighter by the end of this if they can make a deep run.

Will the strict quarantine rules impact how some teams play? It’s not going to be for everybody.
If you follow Iowa’s press conferences they’ve essentially been quarantining since covid started.

The players and staff have voluntarily avoided anyone not on the team including their families. Garza has commented about not seeing his mom since this whole thing started, and how she came to the record breaking game but the closest he got to her was 30+ feet away. Fran talked about how no one has gone out anywhere and the players stick to their dorms/apts, and if they do associate with anyone it’s team members only.

To be honest that would be ridiculously hard as a twenty something popular basketball player and it’s pretty impressive to me.

I don’t think after all they’ve done so far to stay clear of covid that they’ll mind a few days of strict quarantine. And let’s face it, they will be very comfortably quarantined.

If you follow Iowa’s press conferences they’ve essentially been quarantining since covid started.

The players and staff have voluntarily avoided anyone not on the team including their families. Garza has commented about not seeing his mom since this whole thing started, and how she came to the record breaking game but the closest he got to her was 30+ feet away. Fran talked about how no one has gone out anywhere and the players stick to their dorms/apts, and if they do associate with anyone it’s team members only.

To be honest that would be ridiculously hard as a twenty something popular basketball player and it’s pretty impressive to me.

I don’t think after all they’ve done so far to stay clear of covid that they’ll mind a few days of strict quarantine. And let’s face it, they will be very comfortably quarantined.
I agree it would be hard for 20 somethings to do. But truthfully, they are pretty much doing exactly what everyone else is being told to do too.

I’m aware of how Iowa has handled the situation and agree with you. They will have no problem. But I suspect there will be teams that struggle with the NCAA quarantine protocols.

Edit - And it will affect their play,

Quarantines are for sick people.
I've deleted a few of your posts complaining about covid response, the city of Minneapolis, the state of Minnesota, etc. If you do it one more time on the sports boards you're gonna get banned. Exactly no one here gives a shit if you think quarantine is a good idea or a stupid idea.

If you need to vent go do it on the OT board; it's not going here.

I've deleted a few of your posts complaining about covid response, the city of Minneapolis, the state of Minnesota, etc. If you do it one more time on the sports boards you're gonna get banned. Exactly no one here gives a shit if you think quarantine is a good idea or a stupid idea.

If you need to vent go do it on the OT board; it's not going here.
Defensive? Jeesh. What does the state of MN have to do with you man? Nice profanity as well. Apparently my comments dont meet the dialogue requirements.

Defensive? Jeesh. What does the state of MN have to do with you man? Nice profanity as well. Apparently my comments dont meet the dialogue requirements.
State of MN has nothing to do with me at all but it apparently upsets you a whole bunch. And you know exactly what I’m talking about. If you have opinions or comments about covid and what’s being done about it they ain’t going here.

If you read the sticky on the forums about thread content you’d see that your comments don’t meet the “dialogue requirements.” If you don’t like the idea then you can always head out down the road.

MSU may have been the 1st quarantine victim. A week in quarantine seemed to have them very chippy...with each other.

Side Note - The game itself reminded me a little of our OT game at MN. Some random guy can’t miss resulting in a loss in OT.

MSU may have been the 1st quarantine victim. A week in quarantine seemed to have them very chippy...with each other.

Side Note - The game itself reminded me a little of our OT game at MN. Some random guy can’t miss resulting in a loss in OT.
They think dealing with each other is difficult, wait until they have to answer to former players.

Basketball is serious business at that school. The legacy is a big deal. And a performance like this season's could lead to a chat with an unhappy Magic Johnson or Draymond Green.

An unrelated note. People marvel at the stability of Iowa football, with two head coaches in over 40 years. Well, Michigan State has gone nearly fifty years, and with more success, with Jud Heathcote and Tom Izzo.

Latest posts