Name for Iowa's Offense

Gibsonian

I'm going with this:

PPCCDO or shortened abbreviation PCDO or as Double P Double C - DO

otherwise known as:

Pathetic Play Calling Check Down Offense

Whatta ya think?

Tell me this: would KF/KOK's offense been able to put 10 points on the board in less than 5 minutes when every one in Byrd stadium knew passes were coming? Remember the Iowa posters who howled after the Wisconsin loss in 2010 because Iowa's offense couldn't score the winning points in the last 2 minutes of the game? IMO, Iowa's offense has come a long way since 2010.

Tell me this: would KF/KOK's offense been able to put 10 points on the board in less than 5 minutes when every one in Byrd stadium knew passes were coming? Remember the Iowa posters who howled after the Wisconsin loss in 2010 because Iowa's offense couldn't score the winning points in the last 2 minutes of the game?

Yes. Down 17 with just a few minutes left, it's not uncommon to see a late score or two. If GD's offense could do it, so could KOK's. Would Ricky Stanzi have been able to drive for a TD in a minute @MSU in 2009 with GD's offense, throwing 3 yard passes?

Iowa offense: COPD - Chronic Offensive Paltriness Disorder

Matter of fact. Stanzi couldn't against Wisconsin in 2010. It was a pathetic 3 and out, as a matter of fact. Two sacks (I think) and 1 incompletion.

Just to make sure, there's a p​issing match about how bad the offense is based on two games, one in which we scored 30 and the other we scored 31.

Because Jake Rudock's last minute drive on Saturday was so much more impressive?
Because Davis put the plays in for Iowa to go down the field in a short time and, unlike Stanzi, Jake didn't completely freak out with a pass rush. I'm not saying Jake's reaction was optimal, though. Better than Stanzi.

cropped-banner1.jpg

Just to make sure, there's a p​issing match about how bad the offense is based on two games, one in which we scored 30 and the other we scored 31.
Really, I'm responding to Iowa's defense. Since there's still work to be done on Iowa's defense, the offense has to pick things up. If Iowa wants to win, that is. Thirty one points wasn't enough. Nor 30 against Wisconsin in 2010. Could Jake ever lead a team to more than 31 on a consistent basis? Remember, the Indiana game had some D scores and other, IMO, fluke scores for Iowa.

Last edited:
Pretty sure my 12 year old nephew could call a better game than these jokers. Serious too

Christ, my generation grew up with Playstation and Madden football so these old grazers gotta
go.... The game has passed our head coach by

Yes that Is correct. I know 30 or 31 sounds like a boat load of points to some iowa fans....but it isn't.

Under Greg Davis:

2012:
Total Offense: 116th
Scoring Offense: 113th

2013:
Total Offense: 78th
Scoring Offense: 81st

2014:
Total Offense: 81st
Scoring Offense: 85th

3-year average:
Total Offense: 91st
Scoring Offense: 93rd

For comparison, under KOK (stats I found only go back to 2004):

2004:
Total Offense: 101st
Scoring Offense: 68th

2005:
Total Offense: 22nd
Scoring Offense: 36th

2006:
Total Offense: 27th
Scoring Offense: 58th

2007:
Total Offense: 110th
Scoring Offense: 111th

2008:
Total Offense: 53rd
Scoring Offense: 33rd

2009:
Total Offense: 89th
Scoring Offense: 87th

2010:
Total Offense: 57th
Scoring Offense: 48th

2011:
Total Offense: 62nd
Scoring Offense: 58th

8-year average:
Total Offense: 65th
Scoring Offense: 62nd

Last edited:
Yeah and those two D's were just top notch there topdawg. TOP
FRICKIN'
NOTCH AKA
THE STEEL
CURTAIN!

Pretty sure my 12 year old nephew could call a better game than these jokers. Serious too

Christ, my generation grew up with Playstation and Madden football so these old grazers gotta
go.... The game has passed our head coach by

Exactly, why doesn't Jake take the ball out of the shotgun and sprint backwards 20 yards before chucking the ball 30 yards in the air off his backfoot?

Latest posts