Most disappointing KF trait

bamahawkeye

I heard someone mention this in the game thread.

We can debate philosophies, schemes, play calls, time management, and why guys aren't playing all day long. And believe me, I think there are questions everywhere for KF to answer right now. But the biggest question, and the biggest priority I believe KF has to have in order to right the ship this year and beyond is losing to teams that have no business beating Iowa. My expectations will never dip below a certain level. But I don't think this program has that attitude right now.
Going back to 2008, Iowa has lost 9 of these types games (including the 2 losses this year). And the debacle that is 2010 can be debated all day long, because with the team Iowa had coming back, 1 loss was disappointing, let alone 5.
9 in 4 plus years! And 7 of those are to ISU, Minny, and NW. This to me is the most unacceptable stat that no one can deny about KF. And I am a huge supporter of KF. But this has to stop. And I have to admit, I'm not sure it will if it hasn't after 13 plus years.
Good, solid programs don't lose these games often. Once or twice is easy to shrug off. But 9 times in just over 4 years? This isn't something that started in 2008, but since that year was supposed to be the year that turned the program back to an upward swing, I'd thought I'd start there.
In order for KF to turn this around, he has to start by beating teams he should. Unfortunately, expectations have fallen as far as I can remember.

Good post, but I have to say I can't really understand why you're still "a huge supporter of KF".
He doesn't deserve your support any longer. The sooner you come to grips with this, the better you'll feel.

I guess what I'm saying is, the answer to your question is that KF is a crappy coach who was occasionally lucky in the past, but the luck has run out and we're left with this grim reality. The college game has clearly passed him by.

He has grown apathetic. You look at him in his younger years and you see he actually cared. Now he doesnt
That's just football!

Yep, thats just football. Hmmmm got to run home and make sure my $291,667 paycheck per game was deposited, after this game.

I heard someone mention this in the game thread.

We can debate philosophies, schemes, play calls, time management, and why guys aren't playing all day long. And believe me, I think there are questions everywhere for KF to answer right now. But the biggest question, and the biggest priority I believe KF has to have in order to right the ship this year and beyond is losing to teams that have no business beating Iowa. My expectations will never dip below a certain level. But I don't think this program has that attitude right now.
Going back to 2008, Iowa has lost 9 of these types games (including the 2 losses this year). And the debacle that is 2010 can be debated all day long, because with the team Iowa had coming back, 1 loss was disappointing, let alone 5.
9 in 4 plus years! And 7 of those are to ISU, Minny, and NW. This to me is the most unacceptable stat that no one can deny about KF. And I am a huge supporter of KF. But this has to stop. And I have to admit, I'm not sure it will if it hasn't after 13 plus years.
Good, solid programs don't lose these games often. Once or twice is easy to shrug off. But 9 times in just over 4 years? This isn't something that started in 2008, but since that year was supposed to be the year that turned the program back to an upward swing, I'd thought I'd start there.
In order for KF to turn this around, he has to start by beating teams he should. Unfortunately, expectations have fallen as far as I can remember.

Agree, but lets take it a step further. WE LOST AT HOME! It's one thing to go to Ames and have a bad day, but EVERY team this year has come into Kinnick and kicked our a$$, physically. I don't recall any of Hayden's teams being this soft.

Latest posts