Michigan coach ejected

Bigger question...is MI flawed to a point a March run ain't happening? PSU sucks.

Crazy wins have been happening all over the conference this year. Illinois and Indiana have beaten Michigan State. Rutgers beat Ohio State, Penn State has beaten Michigan. Iowa almost fell victim Sunday. It is a crazy year in the Big Ten. Actually, it is quite impressive Iowa has yet to have a "bad loss" this season. I don't think anything changes. Purdue, Michigan State, Michigan, and Wisconsin are prob your 4 best B1G teams and all are still capable of making deep runs in March. Penn State may stink, but I think their home court has a way of lulling people to sleep and they have gotten some improbable wins over the top teams in this conference the last several years. What happened last night is nothing new.

Just goes to show how tough the Big Ten is and how difficult it is to win on the road. Penn State is talented, their conference record is a little surprising but they've lost a bunch of close games. I'm not sure I want any part of Penn State in the BTT.

Just goes to show how tough the Big Ten is and how difficult it is to win on the road. Penn State is talented, their conference record is a little surprising but they've lost a bunch of close games. I'm not sure I want any part of Penn State in the BTT.
That's exactly why it's imperative to shoot for the four seed and double bye. Six teams will be eliminated before you even lace up your sneakers. The odds of one of them being Penn State are much higher than if you get the five seed and have to play Thursday. And the ones seeded eleven or lower will be on fumes if they make it to Friday. To the best of my knowledge no team seeded 11 or lower has ever made it to the semifinals since the league went to fourteen teams although Rutgers came close.

That's exactly why it's imperative to shoot for the four seed and double bye. Six teams will be eliminated before you even lace up your sneakers. The odds of one of them being Penn State are much higher than if you get the five seed and have to play Thursday. And the ones seeded eleven or lower will be on fumes if they make it to Friday. To the best of my knowledge no team seeded 11 or lower has ever made it to the semifinals since the league went to fourteen teams although Rutgers came close.

Yeah there really is not a reasonable argument to want a 5 seed, that's winning 4 games in 4 days to win. There is a HUGE advantage getting a top 4 seed in a 14 team tournament.

I said it in an earlier post, there is no team good enough to think that they are going to win in this league night in and night out. No team is immune when you are facing competition this evenly balanced. This might be the best the B1G has been in some time. The downers will try and tell you that CBB is down as a whole, or that the B1G's bottom four suck and if you lose to them you suck too. But that's laughable. The lowest ranked Ken Pom team is 92 Rutgers. 8 of the 14 teams are in the top 35 of Ken Pom. That's ridiculous. Which makes what Iowa is doing this season more impressive.

Crazy wins have been happening all over the conference this year. Illinois and Indiana have beaten Michigan State. Rutgers beat Ohio State, Penn State has beaten Michigan. Iowa almost fell victim Sunday. It is a crazy year in the Big Ten. Actually, it is quite impressive Iowa has yet to have a "bad loss" this season. I don't think anything changes. Purdue, Michigan State, Michigan, and Wisconsin are prob your 4 best B1G teams and all are still capable of making deep runs in March. Penn State may stink, but I think their home court has a way of lulling people to sleep and they have gotten some improbable wins over the top teams in this conference the last several years. What happened last night is nothing new.
Wait a minute, now a morgue like game environment is a home court advantage because it lulls the road team to sleep? Clearly we need to move both the students who attend games at Carver to the concourse level to keep them from inadvertantly firing up the opposing team.

The fact we've (barely) avoided such a loss this year is impressive. Look no further than this. PSU played us tough. IL is better than their record infact their playing great now. The whole league is tough and I can't say this upset happening is the craziest thing ever. It should be and it is to those that are casual fans. But if you've watched a lot of BIG bball it really shouldn't be. The BIG tourney will be quite the blood bath

Wait a minute, now a morgue like game environment is a home court advantage because it lulls the road team to sleep? Clearly we need to move both the students who attend games at Carver to the concourse level to keep them from inadvertantly firing up the opposing team.
Well then Iowa has the toughest environment in the league. Which gives me an idea... Knitting Needle Night!!! Hand out blue haired old lady wigs and knitting needles at the door! Although many fans already have that covered.;)

OR it could mean the Big doesnt have any really good teams.

Coach was walking away when he got the 1st T. Let him walk to the locker room instead of giving him a T. His player just got jacked up on a screen. Guy setting screen had his arm up, but didn't look terrible. Teammates are responsible for not calling out screen too.

OR it could mean the Big doesnt have any really good teams.

Its possible. Maybe Michigan, MSU, & Purdue are fringe top 10 teams and that's their ceiling. No true power house NC contender. They all have flaws but so does a lot of the other top teams. I guess we'll find out in March/early April.

One thing those 3 teams have in common is they're all high effort defensive teams and that carries a lot of weight in the tournament.

MSU seems solid but not complete.

M seems to me to be pretty complete but lacking experience and maybe not true gamers.

Purdue has back court quickness that creates matchup issues for Iowa and others. A good D coach with dome guard speed will take them down early.

Maryland may have the most potential.

W ..meh

Iowa is interesting. A lot of good to talk about excepting D point quickness and lack of guard breakdowm speed on O. But they have more balance than many. Experience is huge advantage. Maybe slong w Maryland best shot beyond the 16 but not to far.

Well then Iowa has the toughest environment in the league. Which gives me an idea... Knitting Needle Night!!! Hand out blue haired old lady wigs and knitting needles at the door! Although many fans already have that covered.;)

Now, that is funny! :D

Latest posts