McDonald's AAs and Iowa

On top of that, Recker and Okey did not commit to Iowa out of high school.

Was Jerome Harper ever an Iowa commitment or did he commit to Iowa State?

Kingsbury was the last McD AA to commit to Iowa out of high school, we know that.
This list is supposed to show the McD AAs to play at Iowa, even if Wisc and Indiana got them first.

So much for the myth about Alford being such a great recruiter.

Harper was a non-qualifying ISU recruit who never made it. Think he has gotten into serious trouble since.

Last edited:
So much for the myth about Alford being such a great recruiter.

Harper was a non-qualifying ISU recruit who never made it. Think he has gotten into serious trouble since.

I don't remember him being thought of as a "great" recruiter. He was better thank Lickliter but that doesn't take much to do.

Just cme across this:

McDonald's All-American Nominations: There's Something in the Water in Sioux City-Iowa - WSJ.com

Iowa had more McDonald's MCD -1.16% All-American nominations than any other state this year (34) and last year (36). In the past five years, Iowa, with 172 nominations, trails only big-state powers Texas (271), California (259) and Florida (225). Taking into consideration that Iowa has a population of slightly more than 3 million people, that's one All-American nomination for every 17,711 Iowans. There's one for every 143,838 Californians.

Just cme across this:

McDonald's All-American Nominations: There's Something in the Water in Sioux City-Iowa - WSJ.com

Iowa had more McDonald's MCD -1.16% All-American nominations than any other state this year (34) and last year (36). In the past five years, Iowa, with 172 nominations, trails only big-state powers Texas (271), California (259) and Florida (225). Taking into consideration that Iowa has a population of slightly more than 3 million people, that's one All-American nomination for every 17,711 Iowans. There's one for every 143,838 Californians.

Nominations are a different thing, I thought I read somewhere that coaches or school officials nominate the kids? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nominations are a different thing, I thought I read somewhere that coaches or school officials nominate the kids? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure who nominates, but yes that's much different. The next paragraph talks about how it will have 0 players in the game again this year. Still, being in the same breath with Texas, Florida etc ain't bad.

I know it's a skewed way to put it, but: Mr. Davis recruited as many McD AA out of HS as Alford. Raveling, Lickliter and Fran combined.

Latest posts