Maryland? Toxic Culture

Never understood neanderthal coaches. You can run them hard, work them hard and teach them. There is no reason to verbally chew out or belittle a player. People like that..are those who received it from their elders. Its stupid phony macho nonsense.

Although grueling workouts, expletive-laced rants and hot-tempered coaches aren't unusual in college sports programs, those who have been at Maryland told ESPN that what they saw or experienced under Durkin has been excessive. The current players said they had talked with multiple players who described similar views about the team's culture but feared repercussions if they talked publicly. The two players spoke on the condition of anonymity.

A former Maryland staff member said: "I would never, ever, ever allow my child to be coached there

I previously mentioned that MD might be a trap game for us if they stay healthy due to their offense, but this might cause them to regress. It might be a good year to play them, not that most years aren't a good year. Just sayin.