Make your ideal bracket

99topdawg

On a site that ranked 133 bracketologies, Bracketville is the most accurate since 2005. Iowa is a 2 seed. Based on that, choose the 7 seed, 3 seed, and 1 seed you'd like to see in Iowa's bracket and the teams you don't want to see in Iowa's bracket. I left out Big 10 teams because I don't think they'd put a 1 and 2 from the same conference and I don't think they'd have a 2nd round game from the same conference. There are no Big 10 teams with a 3 seed.

7 seeds--Missouri, Florida, LSU
3 seeds--Arkansas, Texas, West Virginia, Oklahoma State
1 seeds--Baylor Gonzaga

Most like to see: Missouri, Oklahoma State, Gonzaga
Least like to see: Florida, Texas, Arkansas, Baylor

After watching Iowa play Gonzaga, Suggs went 7-10 from 3 and he's made 21 in all of his other games combined. We had that happen different times earlier in the season. Also, Murray played 5 minutes. Our defense has improved significantly. We also shot 4-22 from 3 and 53% from the line. Any of those things turn around and we're in the game. They also haven't played the competition that we have throughout the season.

Say what we want about the Big 12, but they have 7 ranked teams and Baylor only lost once (they did have covid). That conference was a meat grinder like the Big 10, so I wouldn't mind staying away from them, BUT I'm always wrong, so take it FWIW.

Good thread, thanks. I don't really know much about Florida and LSU. I do know Missouri beat Illinois early in the year but has kinda dropped off after getting up around top 10.

I don't want Arkansas at all because they are killing it right now. Texas kinda fell apart so maybe I'd pick them.

I'd definitely go with Gonzaga for all the reasons you mentioned. I especially like Keegan on Suggs. I don't think that will happen tho because we will finish ahead of Ohio State probably and if we do, we will get the lower seeded of the two, which is Baylor.

Do not want to see Arkansas. They would be a match up nightmare for us. They look a lot like 2018 Nevada (also coached by Musselman) who came within a Loyola buzzer beater of advancing to the Elite 8.

LSU please. They only go to the defensive end of the court because by rule someone has to inbound the ball after the countless made baskets. Texas is my choice for sure...most likely to lose to the 6 seed. Give me the Zags. I want them to face us after some Big 10 seasoning and with a confident Keegan.