Lose to B1G, time to shut down college hoops?

Look, I understand his concern. Every coach, player, fan has to understand they are at a higher risk right now. But leagues in just about all professional and top college sports are finding a way to move forward, even if it’s not at a level they’d like or have played in the past. Some venues are finding ways to accommodate a few hundred to a few thousand fans for their events.

We now have 2 threads on this topic. I think his concerns are justified and I don't think it has anything to do with his team getting his ass kicked on the court.

The selfish side of me hopes they can keep playing through this. We have something special going on with the basketball program and it sucked Iowa didn't get to play in the tournament last year. But the practical side of me thinks the NCAA is just plowing through this in both football and basketball just to get games in and to keep revenues flowing. I don't think they are making the best decisions for the safety of the student athletes.

Having said that, when Iowa takes the court against Iowa State I will be glued to my TV. I WANT MY HAWKEYE SPORTS!!

We now have 2 threads on this topic. I think his concerns are justified and I don't think it has anything to do with his team getting his ass kicked on the court.

The selfish side of me hopes they can keep playing through this. We have something special going on with the basketball program and it sucked Iowa didn't get to play in the tournament last year. But the practical side of me thinks the NCAA is just plowing through this in both football and basketball just to get games in and to keep revenues flowing. I don't think they are making the best decisions for the safety of the student athletes.

Having said that, when Iowa takes the court against Iowa State I will be glued to my TV. I WANT MY HAWKEYE SPORTS!!
It’s not just the NCAA “plowing through this...” It’s the NFL, English Premier League, a whole passel of other professional, academic and amateur sports organizations making it work, albeit in a much reduced capacity.

It’s not just the NCAA “plowing through this...” It’s the NFL, English Premier League, a whole passel of other professional, academic and amateur sports organizations making it work, albeit in a much reduced capacity.

True but in professional sports these are people making money and are showing up for work. Granted the NCAA is also making decisions based on money, it's just not going to the student athlete.

The people making decisions who say its safer for the athletes to shut it down really need to think that through more before they decide. I don't see any way it could possibly be safer for a college kid to have free reign to go wherever he wants without getting tested and without the worry of letting your teammates down.

As far as it being ok for pro players but not college players goes. Whats worse, a grown adult who is already rich not being allowed to make even more money? Or a college kid not being allowed to live out his lifelong dream that he will never get back?

yup
Is that the deal Coach K?

yup... now he cares about humanity. In fact, he cares so much he barely prepared his team for IL, which is why they lost. spin doctor. Good Lord no fans are allowed. What else does he want. Gawd I Hate that guy! Cares nothing about anyone but himself and winning. Next he will petition that his losses be declared a no-contest, due to Covid

Latest posts