Lineups going forward...

Hawkfnntn

Well we've played 9 games so far and here's some of my too early takes.

1. JT has improved a little bit with his floor game. But I think Ulis has passed him. JT still can't shoot and over dribbles into traffic/no mans land too much. He's just too erratic/inconsistent for my taste. Ulis is a more traditional PG. I think the more PT he gets the better he'll be I'm excited about what I've seen from him at both ends of the floor.

2. We've all seen what Perkins has been doing. Maybe coming off the bench is best for him but I don't know. He's earned the right to start as far as I'm concerend. If he can handle 25 plus mins and maintain his level of play then I'd like to see more of him. JBo obviously has his deficiencies and will be either all or nothing just about as far as if he's hitting 3s or not.

3 Give me Kris Murray or PM. Main reason is I want to see him play more with his brother. They have a lifetime of having played together so they have a familiarity with their games. That play where Kris saved it back in to Keegan cutting for the dunk was something we could probably see more of if they'd have more time together. Plus it'd be great for Kris confidence to me that's all he needs to be a spitting image of what Keegan is. Both of those two have potential oozing out of them.
PM is pretty up and down. He gambles on D gets out of position and therefor out of rebounding position a lot. His shot selection and decision making out there is tough. He likes to force things sometimes. Maybe coming off the bench like he did last yr and playing with CM more would do everyone some good too..

4 Give me more Josh O. I don't expect him to start but why after the Purdue game did he only play 2 mins last night?? Was he hurt sick? I never heard but I assumed we'd see no less of him then what he did against Purdue mins wise. We obviously needed him. Rebraca was just in over his head with Cockburn regardless of the 1st half going how it did. We got the one Euro guy who can't seem to shoot very well from outside or the FT line it looks like... Maybe he'll get better cause I know he's going to keep starting

If they did nothing more then put Josh into massive body building mode to be a beast on the boards then he would be worth his weight in gold. That’s a lot of gold. Would love to see him become a Reggie Evans type of guy under the boards. The team is really hurting on rebounding.

I thought the hip surgeries would dramatically improve JBO’s game. I say screw it and put the younger players in and build for the fiuture. Use JBo sparingly. He doesn’t seem to fit in with the pace the other players want to play at.

I know Patrick struggles at times but I would prefer to have him in there learning and developing instead of his brother who is like a rusted spark plug that only works once in a while scoring wise.

I sense a drop off in fan enthusiasm and to be fair that is to be expected after what fans anticipated from last years team and how they pissed down their legs in the tournament.

Let’s face it, Fran is not a tournament type of coach. Tournaments for Superman Fran are his Kryptonite. That’s very unfortunate since most basketball fans live for the tournament.

So I can’t blame fans for not getting excited after last years early bow out. Someone mentioned there were a lot of empty seats at the game which goes along with what I just stated.

Last edited:
Well we've played 9 games so far and here's some of my too early takes.

1. JT has improved a little bit with his floor game. But I think Ulis has passed him. JT still can't shoot and over dribbles into traffic/no mans land too much. He's just too erratic/inconsistent for my taste. Ulis is a more traditional PG. I think the more PT he gets the better he'll be I'm excited about what I've seen from him at both ends of the floor.

2. We've all seen what Perkins has been doing. Maybe coming off the bench is best for him but I don't know. He's earned the right to start as far as I'm concerend. If he can handle 25 plus mins and maintain his level of play then I'd like to see more of him. JBo obviously has his deficiencies and will be either all or nothing just about as far as if he's hitting 3s or not.

3 Give me Kris Murray or PM. Main reason is I want to see him play more with his brother. They have a lifetime of having played together so they have a familiarity with their games. That play where Kris saved it back in to Keegan cutting for the dunk was something we could probably see more of if they'd have more time together. Plus it'd be great for Kris confidence to me that's all he needs to be a spitting image of what Keegan is. Both of those two have potential oozing out of them.
PM is pretty up and down. He gambles on D gets out of position and therefor out of rebounding position a lot. His shot selection and decision making out there is tough. He likes to force things sometimes. Maybe coming off the bench like he did last yr and playing with CM more would do everyone some good too..

4 Give me more Josh O. I don't expect him to start but why after the Purdue game did he only play 2 mins last night?? Was he hurt sick? I never heard but I assumed we'd see no less of him then what he did against Purdue mins wise. We obviously needed him. Rebraca was just in over his head with Cockburn regardless of the 1st half going how it did. We got the one Euro guy who can't seem to shoot very well from outside or the FT line it looks like... Maybe he'll get better cause I know he's going to keep starting
I'd argue JT has been shooting really well, he just had an off night against IL. Made the game winner against VA and has had a really good pull up jumper from the free throw line now, 3's have been falling. I'd agree with the rest though.

I'd argue JT has been shooting really well, he just had an off night against IL. Made the game winner against VA and has had a really good pull up jumper from the free throw line now, 3's have been falling. I'd agree with the rest though.
True. I'm just not sure he'll continue that. He not only had an off night against IL but he was hesitant to shoot at times too. That's what I was looking for with him and that bogs down the O. If he's on the floor he has to take those open shots with confidence. Maybe it's unfair of me to bash him for it over one game this yr but he was like that a lot last yr so I just hope it's not going to be a thing with him.

Latest posts