Library Parking Lot on Gameday

STILLBUSTER

Looking to set up a little tailgate here for the Wiscy game. I know it's 1st come / 1st serve but would there still be spots if get there around 6:30 for the 11 am kick? I've called U of IA parking and they didn't seem to know, so, hopefully, some of you have some experience with this?

We tried that lot once last year and couldn't get in; seems like we got there 2 1/2 to 3 hours before gametime. If you're there at 6:30 I'd think your chances are good but I'm sure there are others that would know better than I. We ended up parking in the metered lot directly south of the main library which was nice for tailgating; only problem was that I believe the max time on the meters was shorter than the game (or, perhaps we didn't bring a supply of quarters). I know the parking police were checking that lot during the game.

At 6:30 there will be plenty of spots available. We parked there for the Northwestern game and didn't get there until 8:30 and still had plenty of spots to choose from. The best part about that lot is it's super cheap. You pay on the way out and it's only $5 or $6.

Thanx for the advice. We really want to be right there on Burlington but realize, if all else fails, we'll head to Finkbine. Thanx again!

Looking to set up a little tailgate here for the Wiscy game. I know it's 1st come / 1st serve but would there still be spots if get there around 6:30 for the 11 am kick? I've called U of IA parking and they didn't seem to know, so, hopefully, some of you have some experience with this?

We park there for every home game and it's never been a problem finding a spot. We generally arrive between 6-6:30 because we want the spots along the river. The rest of the lot doesn't generally fill up until after 9:00, unless it's a big game. If you get there by 7:00 you will have your choice of spots along the inside of the lot. Have fun and enjoy the game - this is the only one that we are missing this year.

Latest posts