Let's celebrate!

MeatMan

To hell with you naysayers! I'm celebrating tonight. It's been way too damn long since the Hawks have been dancing. What are the true fans drinking tonight? I'm going with whiskey sours.

Go Hawks!

Diet wild cherry pepsi. The good stuff.
I am happy they are technically playing in the dance, although pretty disappointed in the situation. Still looking forward to Wed night and it would be fun if the Hawks could win one or two games.

To hell with you naysayers! I'm celebrating tonight. It's been way too damn long since the Hawks have been dancing. What are the true fans drinking tonight? I'm going with whiskey sours.

Go Hawks!

With Jameson?! If so... Great choice!

I like this thread so I'll ask in here.

Why exactly are there play in games? As I've said before I haven't paid much attention to basketball in the past so this doesn't make sense to me.

Why not take one of the 11 seeds Iowa/Tenn. and drop them to 12 then bounce the 16s and replace them with the 15?

I've been drinking Crown Maple and A&W Rootbeer this evening.

68 teams left that can win the championship and we are one of them. The play-in game sucks but there are 283 teams that would love to be in our shoes. I'd take this (and a loss) over the NIT championship game run from a year ago easily.

With Jameson?! If so... Great choice!

On the rocks for me, like Black Bushmills also. On my son's 21th birthday, I took him to a couple of Hawk bars in DM. Almost had to beg them for a free drink on his birthday. Isn't that a traditiion, free drink on your birthday. At any rate the bartender at a Hawk bar from NYC, who was a cool dude, said: Let me see your ID to Andrew, said, OK, and you remind me of my own son. Brought over three shots of Tullamore Irish Whiskey. It was really smooth. Heartily thanked the gentleman.....

You must have some Irish in you, Vegas.....

:rolleyes:

Go Hawks!

If Iowa gets to the real first rounds on Thursday/Friday then it will be time to celebrate, if not....

I'm celebrating also MM, I understand we're in and we struggled down the stretch...this is new life, a time for redemption....we have 3 seniors that have worked their a$$es off to get here....I also understand that we're an 11 seed and not the 3 or 4 seed that many of us thought, and many of the so-called experts thought....ya, ya, ya, Jay Bilas hates us know, big deal....if our guys decide to show up and play like we've seen, maybe we can give him more reason to hate us if we have the chance to play his Duke team and move on the Sweet 16...time starts at 8:10 on Wednesday......Let's get started w/ a "W"...

Darn right! I am sucking on a fat one tonight:)
wow, did this thread take an odd turn very quickly. I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by this. A doobie? If you mean something secual, I'll stay away from this celebration. I'm sure it's a sausage fest anyways.

On the rocks for me, like Black Bushmills also. On my son's 21th birthday, I took him to a couple of Hawk bars in DM. Almost had to beg them for a free drink on his birthday. Isn't that a traditiion, free drink on your birthday. At any rate the bartender at a Hawk bar from NYC, who was a cool dude, said: Let me see your ID to Andrew, said, OK, and you remind me of my own son. Brought over three shots of Tullamore Irish Whiskey. It was really smooth. Heartily thanked the gentleman.....

You must have some Irish in you, Vegas.....

:rolleyes:
What are you doing posting at 4AM jack? I get up at 3:45 for work, but I dont post until my traditional 6am bathroom break. These 8pm games are killing me.

Well it is better than last year. One win over a mediocre Tenn team and we'll be in the tourney.

Hmmmmm....I thought there were 68 teams in the NCAA tournament, and Iowa was announced as one of them yesterday. I must have mis-heard. Thanks for setting the record straight. You might want to notify the media of this error.

will this be played in a real location or in a TV studio somewhere... can't seem to find that information.

wow, did this thread take an odd turn very quickly. I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by this. A doobie? If you mean something secual, I'll stay away from this celebration. I'm sure it's a sausage fest anyways.

Get with it 22hawkeyes. This thread is back on track. Join the celebration. It was a play on words. If you follow Iowa basketball you would have known it was something Zach McCabe said to his biggest fans. It's twitter lingo for "goodbye, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu".

I will go with Cigar.

Latest posts