Last Jedi

theboat

since no OT board, I’m curious your thoughts. Finally saw it yesterday and I am wishing I didn’t,

It was pointless and plotless and the more I think about it, the less I like it.

I wish I could be done with these movies. They now encompass everything that is wrong with Hollywood. Haven't seen it yet, but I have to take my nephew, unfortunately.

I loved it, but there are a lot of people that share your opinion. I do think people who feel like it's really bad compared to the original trilogy are stuck in nostalgia mode a little bit though.

I loved it, but there are a lot of people that share your opinion. I do think people who feel like it's really bad compared to the original trilogy are stuck in nostalgia mode a little bit though.
No. We're not stuck in nostalgia mode. Disney is stuck in nostalgia mode by having plotlines that are eerily similar to the original trilogy but with casting and writing done by [omitted due to non-pc language].

Haven't seen it yet and some of the not so flattering reviews have me thinking of waiting till later on video. It surprises me to hear that. Is it unrealistic expectations or combination of that and it just not being all that? I can wait. Going to movies just doesn't do anything for me anymore. My couch or bed is a much better alternative for me anymore.

Haven't seen it yet and some of the not so flattering reviews have me thinking of waiting till later on video. It surprises me to hear that. Is it unrealistic expectations or combination of that and it just not being all that? I can wait. Going to movies just doesn't do anything for me anymore. My couch or bed is a much better alternative for me anymore.

Here's my thing. When I watch Star Wars or football, I want to be entertained. I'm not there to listen to your political agenda. I went from watching 10 hours a week of NFL to 0 in 2016 when someone thought he needed to take a knee on 9/11. Haven't watched a game yet this year. Same with Star Wars. I don't want to give the plot away bince you ain't seen it, so I'll leave it at that.

Reviews by critics are very good. Cinemascore reviews (scientific exit polling) reviews are very good. There are a small group of people driving a lot of hate online about the movie.

No. We're not stuck in nostalgia mode. Disney is stuck in nostalgia mode by having plotlines that are eerily similar to the original trilogy but with casting and writing done by [omitted due to non-pc language].

What's bad about the writing and casting? The casting is generally agreed to be the best part of the new movies.

Here's my thing. When I watch Star Wars or football, I want to be entertained. I'm not there to listen to your political agenda. I went from watching 10 hours a week of NFL to 0 in 2016 when someone thought he needed to take a knee on 9/11. Haven't watched a game yet this year. Same with Star Wars. I don't want to give the plot away bince you ain't seen it, so I'll leave it at that.

I keep seeing this but I watched it and seriously don't get the "political" complaints about it. Didn't effect my viewing of it in the least.

Reviews by critics are very good. Cinemascore reviews (scientific exit polling) reviews are very good. There are a small group of people driving a lot of hate online about the movie.

What's bad about the writing and casting? The casting is generally agreed to be the best part of the new movies.

LOL. Yeah, the huge drop in ticket sales after the initial release compared to Force Awakens is just a few people driving online hate. Let me cut you in on something here - the critics will review it well for the same reason few Iowa reporters talk too negatively about Iowa sports - to speak ill is to be denied access. These people are not objective in the least.

I was disappointed with the transphobic nature of the casting. There were many opportunities to put a strong transgendered woman in a position of power, but the casting was clearly done by a TERF (trans exclusionary radical feminist).

I've never really got Star Wars. Campy, lame effects, disjointed stories with holes all over the place. Star Trek kicks Star Wars in the ass. I'd rather be on the Enterprise.

I wasn't a huge fan, but I also don't understand the hate. It wasn't a bad movie it just didn't do much for me. I loved Rogue One so it was disappointing to see the Star Wars universe take a big step back.

Rob... please ban these posters that say anything negative about this movie.

Jk. I really liked it. Now back to sports.

I think they said it on the podcast that this movie seemed like an intro to a new trilogy. I agree with that. The only problem is there is only one movie left now. It was kinda weird that way.

Didn't see it. Do the storm troopers still shoot like the Iowa Basketball Team in the Cayman Islands?
If the storm troopers shot that well, the movies would have been over in like 8 minutes. I think the storm troopers have about a 0.00000001% success rate. Iowa, on the other hand, shot something like 19%.

Pretty much my feeling.. It's a complete rehash of all the same plot points from the original trilogy. I know it's not officially a remake, but in effect, it is. With a few tweaks. I won't list it all here, but most parts in the last two movies, I kept thinking "Yep, just like in a New Hope (or empire or ROTJ)". I'm referring to episodes 7 & 8 not Rogue One.

It's Star Wars so I did expect some similar themes of course, but it's not just one or two things.. It's nearly everything. The Force Reboots. Yep.

If you ignore the original movies they are ok, but, as a lifelong Star Wars fan, that's impossible for me to do.

It's not that it isn't as good as the originals that bothers me.. it's that the new movies are just a carbon copy.

Last edited:
If the storm troopers shot that well, the movies would have been over in like 8 minutes. I think the storm troopers have about a 0.00000001% success rate. Iowa, on the other hand, shot something like 19%.
That's exactly why the movies were unbelievable on the whole. The Empire was always too unbelievably incompetent.

I don’t think it is nostalgia. I literally just don’t care about any of the characters. Disney’s focus is more on diversity than it is on interesting, compelling character stories. As others have said, it is rehashing the same plot (poorly) with worse characters and more CGI.

I could be more specific but won’t yet for spoilers, but super Leia was silly.

Latest posts