Lack of Athletes really shows

longtimer

on defensive end. As bad as our offense has been (and its been bad) good teams can hang in with defense. This team is just too slow, unathletic and poorly coached to play that kind of defense. Really showing today

You can get by without "athletes". Butler and Wisconsin have done it. Iowa just isn't on that level....be it coaching or personnel or both.

Iowa tries to play a fast paced game...when you don't have athletes it can be a recipe for disaster

Wrong. Cook and Moss are athletes. JW is an athlete.

We were out of the game because of one of those athletes was horrible.

We got into the game because of those athletes.

We lost in OT because two of those athletes played bad.
Moss and Jw have a slow first step. That’s athleticism. Hell even Cook has slow feet

You can have all the athletes in the world, but if you can’t take care of the ball or can’t keep the other team off the boards it doesn’t really matter.

We don’t need a team full of all athletes. I like the makeup of our team if we could have an athletic PG. Give us a quicker PG that can set the top of our defense and ininiate our offense. We have quality post men and quality shooters. Joe Toussaint?

I am not sure if it is lack of athleticism or lack of effort. Looking at the stat sheet, something glaring pop out at me. Cook had a total of 2 rebounds, zero offensive rebounds. Our guards out rebounded our big men.

I am not sure if it is lack of athleticism or lack of effort. Looking at the stat sheet, something glaring pop out at me. Cook had a total of 2 rebounds, zero offensive rebounds. Our guards out rebounded our big men.

COOK has killed Iowa the second half of the season especially I’ve never seen an Iowa team give up so many offensive rebounds. Sadly That’s on Cook!!! I’m telling you this that if Mr. Davis was the coach Cook would be a reserve no question with his effort on the defensive boards.

Well, the thing that really stood out to me was that they didn't have a freshman player score a point all year. They had juniors and seniors that have worked their asses off and they were mature players. Iowa was playing a true freshman and counting on him all year...Garza is a soph, Connor McCaffery is really a freshman...so it showed a bit.

we are Iowa and not know for its basketball program yet we competed with one of the top teams in the country and played a great game in front of a national tv audience. That should help with recruiting in the future
Great moral victory. Its his 9th friggin year here. Recruiting sucks plain and simple. Never going to win big games with this level of recruiting, and guards that wouldn't see the floor anywhere else. Yet a top 30 player living 45 minutes from Iowa City is going to OSU. Hey we have both of Fran's kids here though.

Latest posts