Kris Murray

I

Ian Pike Hammer

Rarely gets minutes, 1 or 2 in clean up. What's holding him back? Is he a project? How can he be so far behind his brother?

Rarely gets minutes, 1 or 2 in clean up. What's holding him back? Is he a project? How can he be so far behind his brother?
I think the bigger anomaly at this point is how can he be so far ahead of schedule. I think Kris will be just fine and prob has a couple things to work on, prob more consistency.

I think Keegan has just blown up which was kind of unexpected this early. It's really not fair to compare the two even though they are brothers, and twins.

I think if it were last year, Kris would be getting appreciable minutes. It aint last year. Minutes are at a premium with this deep of a team.

I have a theory. Have you noticed Kris is a lefty and his brother a righty? Im thinking Dad made Kris a lefty as a youngster and this blunted his development.

Conspiracy 101.

Because he's not as good as his brother, maybe? Just because they're twins doesn't mean they have equal talent.
Exactly this. About a month ago I read an interview with Kenyon stating that, from early on, he instilled on them the fact that they are 2 different people and teammates on the court. He said that they matured at different rates physically, academically, and in basketball progression. They may look alike, but they have different skillsets.

If they had identical skillsets, would we really want both of them? Why would we want another Keegan Murray? Wait, never mind.

I have a theory. Have you noticed Kris is a lefty and his brother a righty? Im thinking Dad made Kris a lefty as a youngster and this blunted his development.

Conspiracy 101.
I think you've hit on something. This is similar to the 2 LH Oswald theory (it's actually a fact, but some people are just stubborn). Lee Oswald was a lefty and Harvey Oswald was a righty, because the shots from the TSBD and Grassy Knoll would be easier that way. There's more info on harveyandlee.net.

And boy do they look like a nightmare for the rest of the Big 10 the next 3 (or) 4 years.

Agree, we lose Garza and Jordan next year which will be huge losses, but imagine how much better we get immediately on D? Keagen, Patrick and Nunge is a great front court that is athletic, long and should be pretty good on D and O. I actually like when those 3 are in the lineup together - we should do it a lot down the stretch imo

From what I heard Kris has a pretty good stroke. Depending on who you ask his "upside" may be higher than Keegan's. Keegan just has picked up on things a little bit quicker.

Conspiracy 101.
This is exactly true, good guess! And no I wont share my source.

You people are idiots. You haven't noticed what Fran is doing? He's playing both of them as Keegan. It's brilliant. Why do you think Keegan is so good with the left hand? Opposing defenses early on started cheated to stop Keegan from going to his right...in goes Kris on the personnel change...it's gotten us easy baskets going to the hole to the left.

Have you ever seen Kris with his warm-up off in a close game? No. They are wearing the same number that's why.

Last edited:
You people are idiots. You haven't noticed what Fran is doing? He's playing both of them as Keegan. It's brilliant. Why do you think Keegan is so good with the left hand? Opposing defenses early on started cheated to stop Keegan from going to his right...in goes Kris on the personnel change...it's gotten us easy baskets going to the hole to the left.

Have you ever seen Kris with his warm-up off in a close game? No. They are wearing the same number that's why.
I need a Ha Ha emoji...

lol Same warm-up.

Agree, we lose Garza and Jordan next year which will be huge losses, but imagine how much better we get immediately on D? Keagen, Patrick and Nunge is a great front court that is athletic, long and should be pretty good on D and O. I actually like when those 3 are in the lineup together - we should do it a lot down the stretch imo
Add Kris and the guards...Touissant, Ulis, Perkins and CJ...and it looks pretty solid and athletic. And I’m not forgetting Connor. Connor and CJ have outstanding basketball IQs.

Side Note - Ulis is 17 out of 18 from the line. It’s nice to have another top tier FT shooter.

We ever had a player who could give 10 fouls??

Latest posts