Kris Murray is Coming Back to Iowa

That's a huge relief. Glad he's coming back he'll be ready to test the waters next year.

I did not expect him to come back- I figured 2nd round draft pick for sure. Great news!

The real question is what is Iowa getting next year from Kris Murray. Is he going to turn into the next Keegan, or is he going to be the same old Kris? Stay tuned.

The real question is what is Iowa getting next year from Kris Murray. Is he going to turn into the next Keegan, or is he going to be the same old Kris? Stay tuned.
He will be Kris. And with the PT he will get, he will do just fine. I seriously doubt anyone in his family, or the coaching staff for that matter, expect him to be Keegan 2.

I do believe he will be closer to Keegan than not

Patrick and Payton Sandfort will be better and the three of them on a fast break will be hard to stop

The incoming point guard, Dasonte Bowen is going to be very good and will fit in quite nicely

Hopefully, Josh Dix will be recovered in time to make an impact on the team

We should be, once again, another team that will be hard to stop

Hold on to your hats

New trending GIF on Giphy – InFunny

:cool:

Kris will be 23 at the start of the next NBA season....that's a big number, he has to crush it this year(which I think he will). I would feel more confident if Fran had that 5 spot locked up, which would allow Kris to play to his strengths. Kris getting heavy minutes at the 5 means he is sacrificing quite a bit for Iowa to get W(s). Imo, he will do it, but it will come at a cost.

Kris will be 23 at the start of the next NBA season....that's a big number, he has to crush it this year(which I think he will). I would feel more confident if Fran had that 5 spot locked up, which would allow Kris to play to his strengths. Kris getting heavy minutes at the 5 means he is sacrificing quite a bit for Iowa to get W(s). Imo, he will do it, but it will come at a cost.
I saw a tweet that Kris mentioned Mulvey has improved a lot and looks ready.

I saw a tweet that Kris mentioned Mulvey has improved a lot and looks ready.

Riley has a lot of potential, especially on D

He will also, as the season continues, become a factor on offense

He will draw attention in the middle and he has skills around/under the basket

Eternally optimistic I Am

I'm very happy he's back. It will help us win more games, no doubt. The biggest thing for me is that I get to watch him play another year. Kenyon was my favorite Hawk of all time (along with Kingsbury) until Keegan and Kris showed up. Just love getting to watch him one more year.

Reasons why the tea leaves say Kris will be awesome next season:

Anyone who scores 29 points off the bench in a conference game has the skills to be a star.
He is a better post defender than his brother. Not so much on the perimeter, but he is still good.
He had a better year this past season than Keegan had the year before.
They are identical twins. So......
Never underestimate the importance of being left handed. It is an advantage in baseball and basketball.
The NBA scouts did not laugh him out of the room when he was being evaluated as a bench player for one season of college ball. Some analysts had him being drafted.

Iowa is a tourney team with his return. Whether Kris is a superstar or just really good, the biggest variable to next season will be the development of the two young posts and young PGs.

I'm very happy he's back. It will help us win more games, no doubt. The biggest thing for me is that I get to watch him play another year. Kenyon was my favorite Hawk of all time (along with Kingsbury) until Keegan and Kris showed up. Just love getting to watch him one more year.

Kenyon was one of my favorite Hawkeyes

He was the smartest, most savvy player on the floor every game

On D, he was all over the place, disrupting plays, knocking the ball way and was
literally, a thief, stealing the ball quite

On offense he would pass the ball and set up plays, scoring about 10 points a game

He was a pleasure to watch

Latest posts