Kittle

theboat

just set the single season TE record for receiving yards if my math skills are correct.

He’s good.

I do believe there were many on this board who didn't believe he was a D1 talent when Iowa offered him. It was just an offer out of nepotism towards Kittle's father. Good times.

Hell of a pro who is loved by his teammates.
Congrats George on a pretty special record.

And the most yards after catch by anyone since 2010. Dang.

He is a great talent of hands, route running, speed and power. He played great at Iowa and had 2 really good TEs ahead of him who he had to share time with. Was it Krieger-Coble who also had really good speed and that long TD pass against OSU? I cant remember the name of the third TE.

Fun to watch George and we will see if Fant has the hands and power as we know he has the speed.

I think Hock is more like Kittle

He is a great talent of hands, route running, speed and power. He played great at Iowa and had 2 really good TEs ahead of him who he had to share time with. Was it Krieger-Coble who also had really good speed and that long TD pass against OSU? I cant remember the name of the third TE.

Fun to watch George and we will see if Fant has the hands and power as we know he has the speed.

I think Hock is more like Kittle
It was Jake Duzey who made that long catch and run vs OSU. As good as Kittle turned out to be, I think Duzey could have also been very good at the next level if he had stayed healthy.

Kittle battled injuries at Iowa alot. He just always seemed to be nicked up. I'll never forget the first time I ever noticed him though. It was punt return or kick off return and our guy breaks free down the sideline and here comes Kittle who catches and runs past our return guy to get a block so our guy could score. I was like, who the hell was that? It was Kittle as a redshirt freshman playing special teams and he was maybe 230...but he could really freaking run.

Wasn't he a 2-star guy? Now he's the best TE in the NFL and I'm not sure it's that close to be honest...Kelce is good, but I think every NFL GM would take Kittle in a heartbeat over Kelce right now. He's a game breaker when he gets in the open field. He's looking to house it. Congrats George...let the recruits know where you built your foundation of excellence.

I do believe there were many on this board who didn't believe he was a D1 talent when Iowa offered him. It was just an offer out of nepotism towards Kittle's father. Good times.

Hmmmmm.
Epenesa - legacy recruit
Cook - legacy recruit
Kittle - legacy recruit
I liked em all. All 1 year starters. (assuming Cook and Epenesa finally break thru next year)

Brian & James - legacy recruits - 3 year starters. I'm starting to understand how this whole sainthood thing works.

Kittle battled injuries at Iowa alot. He just always seemed to be nicked up. I'll never forget the first time I ever noticed him though. It was punt return or kick off return and our guy breaks free down the sideline and here comes Kittle who catches and runs past our return guy to get a block so our guy could score. I was like, who the hell was that? It was Kittle as a redshirt freshman playing special teams and he was maybe 230...but he could really freaking run.

Wasn't he a 2-star guy? Now he's the best TE in the NFL and I'm not sure it's that close to be honest...Kelce is good, but I think every NFL GM would take Kittle in a heartbeat over Kelce right now. He's a game breaker when he gets in the open field. He's looking to house it. Congrats George...let the recruits know where you built your foundation of excellence.

I remember the punt return you speak of and yes Kittle is better after the catch with speed and moves than Kelce. I noticed yesterday Gronk has slowed noticeably unless he is somewhat dinged up.

A big difference between Kittle and Fant will be expectations.. Fant when he gets picked in the first or second round he'll have Kittle like expectations put upon him. Kittle is playing with house $ having been a 5th round pick playing on a crappy team and for the most part terrible QB play. What Kittle has done is nothing short of spectacular. But Fant will be drafted with that level of production almost expected of him day 1.... Will he can he handle that? He doesn't have Kittles personality type (granted he's a one of a kind dude) I think unless Fant were to get hurt or just land on a team with a terrible situation he should do just fine. I look forward to rooting for him.

I remember the punt return you speak of and yes Kittle is better after the catch with speed and moves than Kelce. I noticed yesterday Gronk has slowed noticeably unless he is somewhat dinged up.
Gronk needs to hang it up. He was a shell of himself out there. I'm not sure we've seen the last of him after this year or not but for his sake I hope so.

Gronk needs to hang it up. He was a shell of himself out there. I'm not sure we've seen the last of him after this year or not but for his sake I hope so.

47 catches for 682 yards (14.5 per catch). Still solid for a TE. Just not Gronk-like. Physically, he is a shell of himself.

I remember when Kittle was a freshman in 2013 and Rudock was the new QB. Nobody knew where Iowa was going to find any offense after the Greg Davis disaster in 2012.

Then early in 1 of the games in 2013, before Duzey's breakout game against OSU, there was a play where this unknown freshman TE named George Kittle was unbelievably wide open, Rudock threw him the ball for a big gain. Guessing it must have been a 3 TE set where the 3rd TE completely got lost by the defense.

Kittle did not play a lot that year, but I remember that play specifically because it was so unusual for any pass catcher for Iowa to be so wide open. It kind of foreshadowed the big game to come by the TE's against OSU that year.

He’s not just dinged up. Frankenstein is falling apart at the seams

Latest posts