Votes: 9 29.0%
  • 2022-2024

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • 2025 or later

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guffus

Could 2019 be Kirk Ferentz last year as Iowa head coach?

He turns 65 on Aug 1, 2020.
He already has the all time record for football coaching victories at Iowa, passing Hayden Fry in 2018.
QB Nate Stanley will finish his career in 2019.
His son Brian will have 3 years experience as OC, enough to justify promoting him to head coach to replace Kirk.

I mean what reasons are left for him to stick around after 2019?

Could 2019 be Kirk Ferentz last year as Iowa head coach?

He turns 65 on Aug 1, 2020.
He already has the all time record for football coaching victories at Iowa, passing Hayden Fry in 2018.
QB Nate Stanley will finish his career in 2019.
His son Brian will have 3 years experience as OC, enough to justify promoting him to head coach to replace Kirk.

I mean what reasons are left for him to stick around after 2019?

It depends on if the hawks win the 2019 Big 10 West Div then win the Champ Game to be outright Big 10 Champions.

KF has never been or taken the hawks to be the outright Big 10 Champs.

Personally I can see him coaching another 5 years or to the end of his contract. I think he still loves it and he loves the competition and teaching

Definitely waiting on Medicare eligibility and possibly for his SSI to kick in at 67. Tough to make ends meet on a “fixed budget”.

we have no idea of knowing when brian is going to tell his dad that he is ready to become HC at iowa. it does, however, feel really close at hand.

He will play through the contract so 2026. But, wouldn’t be shocked if he pulls a Snyder and goes well into his 70s

Hopefully til his contract is done. It will be a SAD day when this LEGEND isn’t coaching the black and gold.

With that said a “close” source to me lol, says kirks fixing to have another 2015 season compete for a big ten title then hand the reigns to his son Brian(I would love to have BF as a HC). Again sadly I’m expecting it soon as the Hawks have the team and recruits to not only compete for a B1G title but win it, kirk, I mean the goat, will be done after he does that.

Hopefully til his contract is done. It will be a SAD day when this LEGEND isn’t coaching the black and gold.

With that said a “close” source to me lol, says kirks fixing to have another 2015 season compete for a big ten title then hand the reigns to his son Brian(I would love to have BF as a HC). Again sadly I’m expecting it soon as the Hawks have the team and recruits to not only compete for a B1G title but win it, kirk, I mean the goat, will be done after he does that.
Do you think he would go as far as to go "shady" to load up his team with recruits for Brian? What's he got to lose? I'm all for it.

From the interviews i've seen he is really enjoying his job, coaching with family and we are having a decent amount of success. I think he gets Brian's feet very well-entrenched, shoo-in for the position and then step away. I think thats 4-5 years. All of his interviews tend to go to no end in sight and him enjoying the work. We should all be so fortunate.

I can see him wanting another shot at a 2015-type season where he wins the B1G outright and COY as he hangs it up for good and gives Brian a better than even shot at replacing him.

Latest posts