Kirk's call in show last night

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
His comment about 'we'll live with Coker's suspension' was an interesting choice of words...not exactly sure what it means and don't want to parse too much out of it, but one way I took it was that perhaps he didn't see totally eye to eye with the suspension having to take place. In lieu of certainty over why it happened, that's about all I can gather.

Kirk also said McCall is still suspended and will not play in that game, so there is clarification on that.

Iowa still has a good offensive line. I am not going to write off the running game for this bowl game. I think there could be a good mix with the players they have. Canzeri is not a 20 carries per game back, probably at best a 9-12 carry per game guy and get him the ball a few times in the passing game...but in a one off situation, where he won't have to carry a load the following week, he could see elevated carries...Bullock will have had more practice reps at RB than he has had all year, and Johnson will have had some more time, too.

Each of them will have a fullback in there some of the time. I will not be surprised if Iowa has an effective running attack in this game.

That is an interesting choice of words. Agree, Iowa still has players who can carry the rock. Will be interesting to see them in action.

His comment about 'we'll live with Coker's suspension' was an interesting choice of words...not exactly sure what it means and don't want to parse too much out of it, but one way I took it was that perhaps he didn't see totally eye to eye with the suspension having to take place. In lieu of certainty over why it happened, that's about all I can gather.

Kirk also said McCall is still suspended and will not play in that game, so there is clarification on that.

Iowa still has a good offensive line. I am not going to write off the running game for this bowl game. I think there could be a good mix with the players they have. Canzeri is not a 20 carries per game back, probably at best a 9-12 carry per game guy and get him the ball a few times in the passing game...but in a one off situation, where he won't have to carry a load the following week, he could see elevated carries...Bullock will have had more practice reps at RB than he has had all year, and Johnson will have had some more time, too.

Each of them will have a fullback in there some of the time. I will not be surprised if Iowa has an effective running attack in this game.
I'm of the same school of thought about the running game. There's nothing like the desire of a backup RB to try and show up the usual starter. It's his big chance and no matter who it might be will be giving it his all.

Do you think Matt might see some touches at the tail back position? This could get very interesting.

How do we know Canzeri is not a 20 carry per game back? Nobody will know until he gets a shot at it. Maybe he's a guy that has a motor that doesn't stop, again we really don't know at this point. It stinks that Coker is out, but at least it will finally give someone else a legit shot at showing something.

How do we know Canzeri is not a 20 carry per game back? Nobody will know until he gets a shot at it. Maybe he's a guy that has a motor that doesn't stop, again we really don't know at this point. It stinks that Coker is out, but at least it will finally give someone else a legit shot at showing something.

its not a question of motor.

Hey Duff dont reply with Ostrich or Chad. Its a no no now. just warning u in advance. Just ask Vegas and Dywanetwill.

I never understood why people love to push Jon on his own site. It's his site, and if he wants to implement rules, so be it. Jon is still 252% better than the Gestapo that roam the threads over on CyFan.

I never understood why people love to push Jon on his own site. It's his site, and if he wants to implement rules, so be it. Jon is still 252% better than the Gestapo that roam the threads over on CyFan.

i don't think many folks realize how lenient he is with that stuff compared to other sites

I think a few people need to reevaluate their tack this morning or it's going to be a long day. Or actually, a short day. Enough. If you don't like the decisions I make on my website, go somewhere else.

I agree that KF's language is curious and that Jon's interpretation is more than reasonable. Just hope it wasn't one of those, "I'll learn to live with it" scenarios. You know kind of like, "we lost the house, but we will learn to live with it" or Daddy ran off with my college money and now I have to work at the Village Inn, but I'll learn to live with it."

Honestly some people just gotta know what a mans breaking point is. Its not always 100 pecent clear on what will get you banned here. Depends on the day and what mood Jon is in. Dont test him when he is angry and you wont be banned!

Latest posts