Kirk on McCall redshirt possibility from 11/15

i have been saying that regardless of how complex the rules appear to be, if he doesnt play the rest of the year he will get a hardship waiver.

which isnt true, read the link I posted....it is much more complex than just if he doesnt play

i have been saying that regardless of how complex the rules appear to be, if he doesnt play the rest of the year he will get a hardship waiver.

My take based on the below info. is that he'll be eligible for a hardship waiver
if he doesn't play the rest of the year. No guarantee that it will be granted.

“If you take everything out of it and say he doesn’t compete again, it appears that he would be eligible for the hardship waiver,â€￾ Mims said of the 6-foot, 215-pound McCall. “But again, it’s going to come down to what the doctors attach to and put in writing that goes to the committee of doctors and that they feel is compelling enough to grant that.â€￾

No one is disbuting the complexity of the rule.

What he and many others are saying is that in our opinions if McCall doesn't play he will get the hardship.

How is our opinions hard to understand?

But, again, it's not that simple. Something that's been said multiple times. Not playing the rest of the year only satisfies one condition of the medical hardship waiver, there are others (others we've pointed out several times) that McCall would have to satisfy.

I think, at this point, everyone has had their arguments. The rules are out there, everyone can see that. One thing is abundantly clear (and has been from the start), simply sitting out the rest of the year doesn't make a player eligible for the waiver. There are other hoops to jump through - maybe the medical staff has the ammo, maybe they don't. We don't know this information, and won't.

No one is disbuting the complexity of the rule.

What he and many others are saying is that in our opinions if McCall doesn't play he will get the hardship.

How is our opinions hard to understand?

not as hard as your english is to understand

"how is our opinions?!?"

gee i said that already, nobody other than the staff and medical personell knows his condition,
the HC says a lot of things for different reasons, when all is said and done as long as he doesn't play again this season
the NCAA MEDICAL PANEL WILL MAKE THE FINAL CALL.
not some internet poster that is so adament about a player not getting the RS

gee i said that already, nobody other than the staff and medical personell knows his condition,
the HC says a lot of things for different reasons, when all is said and done as long as he doesn't play again this season
the NCAA MEDICAL PANEL WILL MAKE THE FINAL CALL.
not some internet poster that is so adament about a player not getting the RS

Really? Because I totally figuered I would have the final say in this. I must be an idiot after all.

Kirk would be a fool to play the guy at this point. If he has a chance to get it, you must keep him on the bench. There are other backs riding the pine; what would be the point?

Like I've said KF is rolling the dice on this one. If McCall turns out to be the real deal than that is awesome, Then people will look back to this season and wonder what if he just played him if it doesn't get approved.

This isn't up to KF or McCall. They are rolling the dice and that is a Fact!!

But, again, it's not that simple. Something that's been said multiple times. Not playing the rest of the year only satisfies one condition of the medical hardship waiver, there are others (others we've pointed out several times) that McCall would have to satisfy.

I think, at this point, everyone has had their arguments. The rules are out there, everyone can see that. One thing is abundantly clear (and has been from the start), simply sitting out the rest of the year doesn't make a player eligible for the waiver. There are other hoops to jump through - maybe the medical staff has the ammo, maybe they don't. We don't know this information, and won't.

9YRPLAN doesn't listen nor read and use interpretation. He seriously just babbles..

Like I've said KF is rolling the dice on this one. If McCall turns out to be the real deal than that is awesome, Then people will look back to this season and wonder what if he just played him if it doesn't get approved.

This isn't up to KF or McCall. They are rolling the dice and that is a Fact!!
He could turn out to be the real deal, but it won't be this year. Unless he can win two ROAD games for us, there is no longer any reason to play him. If he plays, the hardship waiver is absolutely out of the question, and what will you really gain? Keep him out and keep the chance at the waiver alive.

He could turn out to be the real deal, but it won't be this year. Unless he can win two ROAD games for us, there is no longer any reason to play him. If he plays, the hardship waiver is absolutely out of the question, and what will you really gain? Keep him out and keep the chance at the waiver alive.

Kirk seems to think he can gain a lot. From what I gained from hawk talk tonight. And he again said he will play and is looking like he did in august in practice.

Kirk seems to think he can gain a lot. From what I gained from hawk talk tonight. And he again said he will play and is looking like he did in august in practice.
They've had three other backs practicing and healthy all season long, and they got very few carries. Unless McCall is some sort of superman, there is no reason to play him now.

Latest posts