Kirk on McCall redshirt possibility from 11/15

What the article says, is that if Mccall comes back and gets injured and still plays in less than 30% of games he can get it. Other than that he can't.

after verifying some facts, it turns out that my anthony james example is perfect.

AJ played for UNI versus marquette as a true frosh after not playing in the first few games. he mysteriously did not play in the next few games and it was discovered that he had mono. he did not play again the rest of the season, but returned to practice in mid-february and practiced in the days leading up to the NCAA tourney.

not only did he receive a medical hardship waiver for his first year, but he didnt even have to wait until after his fourth year to apply. he received the waiver in April 2009, according to my source. he is currently in his fourth year at UNI and is listed as a junior on their roster.

What the article says, is that if Mccall comes back and gets injured and still plays in less than 30% of games he can get it. Other than that he can't.

I spoke to Steve Robertello, Associate Director of Athletics, NCAA Compliance, and he has confirmed for me that this reading of the rules has been interpreted correctly.
“To qualify for a medical hardship (waiver), you have to have been injured to the point where you can’t compete anymore,â€￾ Robertello said. “Provided he’s cleared to compete … at that point he, based off this injury, would not qualify for a medical hardship.â€￾

correction on the playing later in the year once the 2nd half of the season begins a player cannot play, IF a player plays a down in any game after coming back from any injury after the 2nd half his chance for a redshirt for that year is gone, ALL PLAYERS HAVE 5 YEARS TO PLAY 4! a player can take a redshirt at any time in their career, also i have not seen any public announcement he was cleared to play
nobody in the medical community has said he is ready to play! the HC may say a player is ready to play but until he does many things can and do happen
i have never seen people like some of you that are so adament about McCall not getting a REDSHIRT,
and until someone can show actual proof in writing a Medical Doctor cleared him; i will wait

also i don't see anyone doubting the rules, it is people looking for the kid to redshirt, but you seem like the type to run to the NCAA and scream about Doctors lying to get him the redshirt, go back to the clown board or maybe the PSU board as that appears where you belong

I'm gonna call the NCAA and ask why fOSU is only loosing 5 schollies over the tattoo thing. Does anyone have a question they want me to ask?

Duff, can you ask them if Coker can get a redshirt and can Wegher come back to IC and be eligible? Also, and I know this is off topic, but does Jess Settles have any eligibility left. Or, did he use it all up in his 9 years on campus?

correction on the playing later in the year once the 2nd half of the season begins a player cannot play, IF a player plays a down in any game after coming back from any injury after the 2nd half his chance for a redshirt for that year is gone, ALL PLAYERS HAVE 5 YEARS TO PLAY 4! a player can take a redshirt at any time in their career, also i have not seen any public announcement he was cleared to play
nobody in the medical community has said he is ready to play! the HC may say a player is ready to play but until he does many things can and do happen
i have never seen people like some of you that are so adament about McCall not getting a REDSHIRT,
and until someone can show actual proof in writing a Medical Doctor cleared him; i will wait

KF said he was cleared to play, so youre calling KF a liar? Also, he said he WILL play against Michigan

Also since when does someone in the medical community say that a player is cleared to play? I didnt know that doctors and sports medicine people had press conferences?

This isn't KF's first rodeo people. If he thinks he can get a medical, there probably is reason to believe he can get one. Only time will tell. Patience my friends.

"But Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said Tuesday that McCall has been medically clearned to play." quote via Ryan Suchomel from the DM Register on Oct 25th

then I read this from an ASSOCIATE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR OF COMPLIANCE

“To qualify for a medical hardship (waiver), you have to have been injured to the point where you can’t compete anymore,â€￾ Robertello said. “Provided he’s cleared to compete … at that point he, based off this injury, would not qualify for a medical hardship.â€￾

So again I ask, how do you think without making absurd judgements that KF is lying, that McCall can get a medical hardship waiver?

Saban has multiple players a year forced to quit football due to career-ending injuries so he can oversign a couple more players. Somehow the NCAA crack investigative staff lets him get away with it, but they are coming down on McCall? please.

Honestly, do you people want McCall to not receive the hardship? Constantly talking about it and calling the NCAA about it is only going to hurt the Iowa football program.

WTF.

Honestly, do you people want McCall to not receive the hardship? Constantly talking about it and calling the NCAA about it is only going to hurt the Iowa football program.

WTF.

hahahaha I didnt mention the names, I just mentioned the situation I never once said this is the university of Iowa and the player is Mikaii McCall

I dont think that this lady that picks up random phone calls is going to be in a situation where she is reviewing McCalls waiver, if he applies for one at all.

I dont care if he gets one or not really, especially the way the running back history is at Iowa. Im just amazed the fact that you people are like in denial about it. Everyone is like refusing to come to grips with it.

Storm is being realistic about it, like myself. He is just able to contain his emotions unlike me, I dont understand you guys.

hahahaha I didnt mention the names, I just mentioned the situation I never once said this is the university of Iowa and the player is Mikaii McCall

I dont think that this lady that picks up random phone calls is going to be in a situation where she is reviewing McCalls waiver, if he applies for one at all.

I dont care if he gets one or not really, especially the way the running back history is at Iowa. Im just amazed the fact that you people are like in denial about it. Everyone is like refusing to come to grips with it.

Storm is being realistic about it, like myself. He is just able to contain his emotions unlike me, I dont understand you guys.

But all the NCAAs read this and will know that it was you whom they spoke with. We are screwed.

2 games left in the season that has gone down the crapper, and some idiot calls the NCAA, you that desperate to play someone or take away a year of eligibilty away from him,
the kid will get his opportunity to play
do you hate Coker that much

Latest posts