Kirk extended until 2020

Also heard this. didnt see anything on hawkcentral yet but VERY GOOD NEWS. The captain doesn't want to leave apparently.

BEST news of the week! Thank you to the Captain for all he has done for the Iowa program. He is worth every penny. GO HAWKS! I'll be stepping up my donations to the University of Iowa to do my part!

This says exactly what I've been thinking for a few years... KF wants to retire an Iowa Hawkeye. The biggest influence in his life has been Hayden, and it looks like he wants to follow in his footsteps... this is awsome.

Only a handful of schools in the country have had better/longer continuity as Iowa. We're lucky to have him, and for all the griping we heard about his salary, the fact is that Kirk would be a bargain at twice the price.

Only a handful of schools in the country have had better/longer continuity as Iowa. We're lucky to have him, and for all the griping we heard about his salary, the fact is that Kirk would be a bargain at twice the price.
Kirk is a bargain, but I guess this means we get more griping about his salary from Michael Gartner and others in future editions of the DM Rag. Ugh, people that don't look at facts.

PLEASE DON'T BANNED ME!!! BUT!! Putting down my black and gold beverage, and taking the glasses off---

this is also a good business move on KF part.... strike while the iron is hot---and right now, with the "excitement" for this year--- why not? just saying..... if we were to bomb and go say 8-4 - or do i dare even say we have a total weee wuuu weee wuuu and go 6-6..... probably not going to want to extend till 2020...... just saying!

i for one.... even if we went 6-6 i would still support the coach (as i did in 06 and 07)

Kirk is a bargain, but I guess this means we get more griping about his salary from Michael Gartner and others in future editions of the DM Rag. Ugh, people that don't look at facts.

Gartner is clueless, and so is the Register for running that story. It isn't their money, and Gartner should know that.

That is Part 2 of the opening week trifecta! Part 1 was the divisions/scheduling of Nebraska as our last game, and Part 3 is an Eastern Illinois beatdown!

By the way, Ken Miller said on KXnO shortly after they broke the news that Iowa just made sure they got half the front page of the DM Rag sports section tomorrow. I love it! Hah. Go Hawks!

From CR Gazette:

Update: UI spokesman Tom Moore said the school anticipates coach Kirk Ferentz will sign the contract extension tomorrow.

Latest posts