Kadyn Proctor Down to Iowa, Alabama

FWIW I am a SEP alum and know a few guys that played with them who have echoed this. No uncle intel though (sorry folks). As an aside it's pretty impressive what Coach Zelenovich has built there. That coaching staff was pretty awful when I played.

@Fryowa the family element is a huge one as well. Iowa City being a straight shot down I-80 is a substantial part of the calculus here.

This is what I was going to mention and why I think the Hawks have a good chance. This plays a big role in the decision, IMO.

Someone remind him of how things worked out for Ross pierschbacher or whatever his name was. He would have been great at the next level iffen he had come to Iowa. Did he have much of a career after Alabama?

I was trying to think of that guy's name this weekend and couldn't think of it. He was out of Cedar Falls.

A buddy and I were debating this and I think the fact that he cancelled his other visits and gave Iowa his last official is telling. You could read it a couple ways, but I think he is flattered by the Bama offer, would thrive under a living legend in Bama, and knows that Bama is really the only offer that could overcome his instincts to commit to Iowa. Three possibilities:

1. He is using the visit to let the coaches know Bama is too good to pass up. Don't buy that.
2. He was courted and smitten with Bama and is leaning that way, but will give one last chance to Iowa to turn his head back to Iowa. In other words, he is truly on the fence. Maybe.
3. He was flattered by the Bama offer, but will commit to Iowa on or near a big recruiting weekend and try to persuade others to join him. That seems most likely.

As others have said, he has been to both places a number of times. What hasn't he seen or what doesn't he know about Iowa that he doesn't already? If Bama was his choice, why take the visit?

He stays home.

A buddy and I were debating this and I think the fact that he cancelled his other visits and gave Iowa his last official is telling. You could read it a couple ways, but I think he is flattered by the Bama offer, would thrive under a living legend in Bama, and knows that Bama is really the only offer that could overcome his instincts to commit to Iowa. Three possibilities:

1. He is using the visit to let the coaches know Bama is too good to pass up. Don't buy that.
2. He was courted and smitten with Bama and is leaning that way, but will give one last chance to Iowa to turn his head back to Iowa. In other words, he is truly on the fence. Maybe.
3. He was flattered by the Bama offer, but will commit to Iowa on or near a big recruiting weekend and try to persuade others to join him. That seems most likely.

As others have said, he has been to both places a number of times. What hasn't he seen or what doesn't he know about Iowa that he doesn't already? If Bama was his choice, why take the visit?

He stays home.
I think so too. I don't necessarily think he'll commit during the visit or even right after it (as much as I'd like him to do either of those) But I do think if he commits to Iowa it'll be shortly after within a couple weeks or so. And if he doesn't then Bama is clearly still on the table. But I don't think he'll draw it out either way. He seems to want to sort this out before summer is over. I think we'll know before the 4th of July one way or the other. But that's just me guessing

Saban says a lot of things... They just got 3 freshman tackles in this yrs class coming in. I'm sure they are all 4 stars and higher rated. Plus a couple under classman that'll be there in the next 2 yrs too. Saban is just saying that to say that and I'd hope Procter can see right through it.
Totally agree. Not necessarily that he will commit here but in the smoke many coaches blow up recruit's asses just to get their John Hancock.

Once that name is on the dotted line nothing else matters, including a coach telling four incoming freshmen playing the same position that they will start immediately. Whatever it takes, then sort it out from there. Sales 101. Just ask Bob Sugar...or Jerry Maguire.

Last edited:
Optimistic as I'd like to be, the final two doesn't seem like something a kid would do if he were selecting Iowa. More likely it's a courtesy to Iowa to put them in the final two. Otherwise...why not just declare for the Hawks.

Of course it's possible that he's torn and really doesn't know yet. The lure of a blue blood that's in the playoff nearly every year vs the glory of being a home state hero. Either way he has a clear path to the NFL. Can't lose.

Optimistic as I'd like to be, the final two doesn't seem like something a kid would do if he were selecting Iowa. More likely it's a courtesy to Iowa to put them in the final two. Otherwise...why not just declare for the Hawks.

Of course it's possible that he's torn and really doesn't know yet. The lure of a blue blood that's in the playoff nearly every year vs the glory of being a home state hero. Either way he has a clear path to the NFL. Can't lose.

As a Tide fan I'd like to see him in Tuscaloosa, but I think the days of playoff contending are over for the Tide. Maybe this year we still make a run, but after that it's over. There's just too much money in Texas, Florida and Georgia for us to stay competitive and I don't think there is any way that Nick would be there to see this guy play his entire career.

As a Tide fan I'd like to see him in Tuscaloosa, but I think the days of playoff contending are over for the Tide. Maybe this year we still make a run, but after that it's over. There's just too much money in Texas, Florida and Georgia for us to stay competitive and I don't think there is any way that Nick would be there to see this guy play his entire career.

Huh?

He is coming this weekend to become Iowa's literal and figurative biggest recruiter.

You don't go on an OV to tell a coach no.
You don't learn anything new about Iowa after the 5th (probably 3rd) visit.
You go to a school's uber recruiting weekend if you want to see how you will click with a bunch of your possibly new teammates.
You go to a school's uber recruiting weekend to commit.
You go to a school's uber recruiting weekend to become a recruiter.

Give me any other reason for him to come this weekend.

He is coming this weekend to become Iowa's literal and figurative biggest recruiter.

You go to a school's uber recruiting weekend if you want to see how you will click with a bunch of your possibly new teammates.

I don't know if you are right, but I think that you are. That logic stream plays a whole lot straighter than any other logic stream I can come up with. We have all been Charlie Browned before, so I am not getting too excited until I see him announce, but I have some optimism.

The one we don't want to hear............he truly is on the fence and can't make up his mind and wants to see if the gut feelings are still strong for Iowa after being very impressed at Alabama.

By the way, I've already registered my vote for Iowa but cases can be made strongly for both sides. Actual signing is a long ways off so lets hope we make our case on the field as well.

O'Keefe is the Solicitor-General-in-Waiting of South Carolina, and since SC sucks he rolls with the Tide. Imagine being a political personality in SEC country and publicly supporting a B1G team.

Yes, U of SC sucks but I live like 40 minutes from Clemson. And UGA is actually a fraction of a mile closer to my house than SC as well. So two elite programs plus SC within 100 miles. Tennessee ain't far either. That is actually the place I most want to go to a game down here. I actually like going to games where I'm not invested in the outcome because I stress all to hell at Iowa games. I'm still not sure we beat Ohio in 2017.

Yes, U of SC sucks but I live like 40 minutes from Clemson. And UGA is actually a fraction of a mile closer to my house than SC as well. So two elite programs plus SC within 100 miles. Tennessee ain't far either. That is actually the place I most want to go to a game down here. I actually like going to games where I'm not invested in the outcome because I stress all to hell at Iowa games. I'm still not sure we beat Ohio in 2017.
I'm like 2 hrs from Nashville and 3 hours from Oxford MS. That's a college town I think that'd be fun to visit on gameday but I've never done it yet. Knoxville is a long ways over there from me I don't get to that side of the state. If I had someone that'd go with me I'd probably sneak down to an Ole Miss game once but by myself I just can't talk myself into it

I'm like 2 hrs from Nashville and 3 hours from Oxford MS. That's a college town I think that'd be fun to visit on gameday but I've never done it yet. Knoxville is a long ways over there from me I don't get to that side of the state. If I had someone that'd go with me I'd probably sneak down to an Ole Miss game once but by myself I just can't talk myself into it

Wait til my boy gets a little older. If he is into football we will try to hit all the drivable SEC venues from Baton Rouge and over to the east. I would skip Vandy, though. I want to hit them all, UK, UT, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Rebs, MSU and Florida. Already been to USC. The tailgating is awesome but the stadium is pretty mediocre. Hard to take their shrine to Spurrier too seriously, but he was the high water mark for them. Seeing the Spurrier love in their stadium made me a permanent Ferentz backer.

We're gonna drive to Champaign for the Iowa game. That will be the real test of my boy's mettle. He's been to a few Northwestern games, but that was when he was 1 or 2 years old. I really don't like any pro sports so I hope he likes college football. So far he's more of a wrestling and basketball fan, though.

FWIW I am a SEP alum and know a few guys that played with them who have echoed this. No uncle intel though (sorry folks). As an aside it's pretty impressive what Coach Zelenovich has built there. That coaching staff was pretty awful when I played.

@Fryowa the family element is a huge one as well. Iowa City being a straight shot down I-80 is a substantial part of the calculus here.
Not an SEP alum but my 3 sons are. One of my twins played football with him. My other twin was a member of the 4x1 with X. My boys can personally say, both are the most humble, down to earth 5 star athletes one will ever meet. You are right, family element his huge with him. Plus having his good friend and former teammate (Xavier) at Iowa is a huge advantage!

Not an SEP alum but my 3 sons are. One of my twins played football with him. My other twin was a member of the 4x1 with X. My boys can personally say, both are the most humble, down to earth 5 star athletes one will ever meet. You are right, family element his huge with him. Plus having his good friend and former teammate (Xavier) at Iowa is a huge advantage!
This echoes what I have heard, on all counts, without revealing my own relations :)

David Eickholt, of Hawkeye Insider, submitted a Crystal Ball prediction on 247 today for Iowa. He has spoked to several sources and is very accurate (95.1%).

Also, Clint Cosgrove, a national recruiting analyst, submitted a futurecast on Rivals today for Iowa.

Another promising indicator is that Kadyn's national ranking has gone down on both sites recently. We all know what that means. ;)

David Eickholt, of Hawkeye Insider, submitted a Crystal Ball prediction on 247 today for Iowa. He has spoked to several sources and is very accurate (95.1%).

Also, Clint Cosgrove, a national recruiting analyst, submitted a futurecast on Rivals today for Iowa.

Another promising indicator is that Kadyn's national ranking has gone down on both sites recently. We all know what that means. ;)
The kid has basically been the #1 recruit for this class 2 yrs now. All he's done on the field is solidify that as he's gotten in better shape. Wasn't he like north of 350-360 his freshman-soph yrs? Since he's gotten down to 330ish and has improved his feet and gotten in better shape. He could have some serious Robert Gallery level impact on the field only he'll be doing it day 1. So to hear that his national ranking is dropping is insane but not surprising. Those kids that go to the big IMG programs are just going to get higher grades is what it is.

Latest posts