Justice Hayes Set to Announce Tomorrow (7/29)

PlanoHawk

Just read on Rittenberg's ESPN blog (via the Detroit News) that Justice Hayes will announce tomorrow at 11am. 4 Big Ten schools (Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan State, and Michigan) plus Notre Dame are the leaders.

"It was a combination of one school just jumped out and really hit me in the head and I finally knew where I wanted to go, and that was I was getting tired of the recruiting process and the media and stuff," Hayes said.

From The Detroit News- Justice Hayes

Just read on Rittenberg's ESPN blog (via the Detroit News) that Justice Hayes will announce tomorrow at 11am. 4 Big Ten schools (Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan State, and Michigan) plus Notre Dame are the leaders.

"It was a combination of one school just jumped out and really hit me in the head and I finally knew where I wanted to go, and that was I was getting tired of the recruiting process and the media and stuff," Hayes said.

From The Detroit News- Justice Hayes

So he is announcing on the 30th?

Edit - a couple snipets from the article:

"I think Northwestern is a beautiful college with great academics," Hayes said. "They really pursue the family atmosphere. They preach on caring for one another.But when I really looked at it, man, I want to be at a big-time program. Not to knock them like they are not as good anymore, but I want to be among the elite -- the top dogs, the program that everybody is talking about. That will kind of help me go out there and strive for excellence. I want to be on one of the best stages."

Iowa has already made noise and currently ranks as the most successful team on the list. That combined with the program's track record for developing tailbacks is largely responsible for sustaining its place in Hayes recruitment. In addition, the Hawkeyes also received a little assistance from the youngster's inner circle.

"I've got family down there," Hayes reported. "My cousin (former Southfield Lathrup basketball standout Roy Marble Jr.) is down there doing his thing. The situation is great. They are coming off of a BCS win against Georgia Tech. They are going in a great direction. Their running backs are known for going to the league and having success -- like (New York Jets running back) Shonn Greene. It is just a great situation out there."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/2010...out-Irish-for-RB-Justice-Hayes?#ixzz0v5bVZ1ad

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, sorry about that, right after I posted I realized that I had put today's date instead of tomorrow's. OOPS

I feel bad for my office tomorrow if he were to commit to the hawkeyes because there will be some very loud "Go Hawks" rollin around the office. Unfortunately I have a very strong feeling he's gonna go to ND.......and regret it.

I think he's going to ND... not just off of what the guys say below the article, but it led me to believe he made his decision after visiting ND.

Has he even visited Iowa. I thought he was coming late in the summer; but I haven't seen anything confirming a visit.

Has he even visited Iowa. I thought he was coming late in the summer; but I haven't seen anything confirming a visit.

drew -

I think that he has taken an unofficial visit to Iowa. However, out of Gordon, Coe, and Miller, I have always felt that we had the least chance of landing Hayes.

I'm still one who's in the camp believing that it will be awfully difficult to pull the young man out of Michigan. All I can say is that if Notre Dame ends up managing to do so ... they must have put on one hell of a full-court-press on him. And, unfortunately, people still pay way too much attention to the hype that inevitably follows ND.

Kelly is a god in the state of Michigan. He turned GVSU and CMU into monster programs overnight. He continued to recruit Michigan while at Cincy. South Bend is about 30 miles south of the Michigan border.

Really not that surprising.

Kelly is a god in the state of Michigan. He turned GVSU and CMU into monster programs overnight. He continued to recruit Michigan while at Cincy. South Bend is about 30 miles south of the Michigan border.

CAARHawk -

Thanks ... I forgot about that. Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

A god? Come on now. I bet 75% of the football loving population is either Michigan or MSU fans.

A god? Come on now. I bet 75% of the football loving population is either Michigan or MSU fans.

Yes, they do love these schools. But believe me Kelly is widely considered the best coach in the state for a while now. Plus, he has been the coach at these little engines that could schools, which helped him not be in direct conflict with those programs.

I lived in Michigan when Kelly went from GVSU to CMU. Everyone saw how he turned those programs around and he got a lot of press. It also didn't hurt that he was the only college coach winning league and national championships.

drew -

I think that he has taken an unofficial visit to Iowa. However, out of Gordon, Coe, and Miller, I have always felt that we had the least chance of landing Hayes.

I'm still one who's in the camp believing that it will be awfully difficult to pull the young man out of Michigan. All I can say is that if Notre Dame ends up managing to do so ... they must have put on one hell of a full-court-press on him. And, unfortunately, people still pay way too much attention to the hype that inevitably follows ND.

If I've said it once...I've said it a hundred times...out of hot dogs, hamburgers and bratwursts...steak is the most expensive thing to grill.

However, we just got another verbal, per Eric Johnson:

HawkeyeCoachEJ
Great day to be a Hawkeye. Our family just got bigger! #Hawkeyes

Latest posts