Just because Screw ISU

Of all those, last year had to be the most satisfying. Clowns come in totally overhyped and we embarrass them at home on a National stage.
....AND right after we sent Tom Allen back to Brown County, back to the basketball school.....

Of the big 4 in this state(football,wrestling, men's and women's basketball) Iowa has won 31 of the last 33. And the 2 losses occurred this this year. It has been a nice run over little brother as of late.
wow, there's domination and then there's domination.

What can I say? Iowa State is a powerhouse program. A program on the rise. Nick is probably going to retire after this season and Alabama will fall back down to its mediocrity between Bear and Nick where we only won a single national title. There was a 17 year drought between titles. That is pretty long.

Of the big 4 in this state(football,wrestling, men's and women's basketball) Iowa has won 31 of the last 33. And the 2 losses occurred this this year. It has been a nice run over little brother as of late.

I mean nothing against ISU wrestling, but it's not in a big 4 or anything at ISU. My middle kid started wrestling this year so we went to a few meets and if I'm being honest it's just not a big event at ISU. That might change in the future and it might have been different in the past but as it currently stands attendance outside of Hilton being flooded with Iowa fans is basically the equivalent of volleyball.

Prior to this year Iowa MBB won 3 in a row, WBB won 5 in a row, and obviously football is on a nice 6 year streak. That said too it's kind of strange we're in the best era of ISU football probably ever, it's either this Campbell run or the 70s, and I don't think either of those eras included a win over Iowa.

I mean nothing against ISU wrestling, but it's not in a big 4 or anything at ISU. My middle kid started wrestling this year so we went to a few meets and if I'm being honest it's just not a big event at ISU. That might change in the future and it might have been different in the past but as it currently stands attendance outside of Hilton being flooded with Iowa fans is basically the equivalent of volleyball.

Prior to this year Iowa MBB won 3 in a row, WBB won 5 in a row, and obviously football is on a nice 6 year streak. That said too it's kind of strange we're in the best era of ISU football probably ever, it's either this Campbell run or the 70s, and I don't think either of those eras included a win over Iowa.

You live in central Iowa, so you know how important wrestling is to this state. You can't belittle it. If the situation was reversed and ISU rattled off 31 in a row we(Iowa fans) would never hear the end of it.

The Campbell thing is weird, tho. Iowa isn't some difficult code to crack, see NW, Purdue or Wisconsin, yet Campbell(this supposed amazing coach) has been a deer in headlights in every Iowa game.

The Campbell thing is weird, tho. Iowa isn't some difficult code to crack, see NW, Purdue or Wisconsin…
Not really. Big Ten football is a different level than the Big 8. It’s JV compared to varsity. See nebraska for proof.

ISU would get completely shit hammered in the Big Ten and it’s not even close. That’s why Campbell is such a choke artist playing Iowa. We’re in a real league.

Not really. Big Ten football is a different level than the Big 8. It’s JV compared to varsity. See nebraska for proof.

ISU would get completely shit hammered in the Big Ten and it’s not even close. That’s why Campbell is such a choke artist playing Iowa. We’re in a real league.

Give me a break. You take Iowa and Wisconsin out of the Big Ten West and the shitbag teams left behind would all fit in perfectly with the Big 8. We're not playing fucking murderer's row out there and if you draw a dogshit schedule on the crossovers the schedule can be pretty damned soft. Campbell is a choke artist because he overthinks it and puts all of his eggs in the Iowa basket.

That's just because Clown fans are fair weather. If Cael was still there and ISU was reeling off top 3 finishes every year Hilton would have a 20 year waiting list for rasslin' tickets. You know it, I know it. But Cael left and PSU is now the big dog.

My dad was out in Pissburgh for something and he saw Cael at the airport right after Cael took the PSU job. My dad knew Cael was a legend so he went up and started bullshitting with him and asked him why he bounced. Cael said "this is where all the talent is." He ain't wrong. Our rasslin' club coach sends his sons to NJ for some camp every year and they're both elite in SC but totally pedestrian amongst the kids in the northeast. Coach's oldest kid told me "I thought I was a good wrestler until I went up there." It's just a function of population and Iowa is fucked.

How old is your boy who just started rasslin'?

You live in central Iowa, so you know how important wrestling is to this state. You can't belittle it. If the situation was reversed and ISU rattled off 31 in a row we(Iowa fans) would never hear the end of it.

The Campbell thing is weird, tho. Iowa isn't some difficult code to crack, see NW, Purdue or Wisconsin, yet Campbell(this supposed amazing coach) has been a deer in headlights in every Iowa game.

I'm not belittling it, I'm stating facts. I was at ISU when Cael was actually wrestling, I worked for the student TV station and covered some of the meets. It wasn't a big deal then and it is a much smaller deal now. I went to the CSU Bakersfield meet this year, somebody gave me center mat tickets in the first row and I could have swung a broom around my head and not hit anybody. These were the first meets I'd been to since I graduated in 2005 and trust me I've been to a lot of ISU sporting events in the meantime.

I am sure there would be some die hard ISU wrestling fans who would be all over Iowa if we won a bunch in a row but again that isn't the case. Ankeny high school wrestling draws just as big of crowds.

That's just because Clown fans are fair weather. If Cael was still there and ISU was reeling off top 3 finishes every year Hilton would have a 20 year waiting list for rasslin' tickets. You know it, I know it. But Cael left and PSU is now the big dog.

My dad was out in Pissburgh for something and he saw Cael at the airport right after Cael took the PSU job. My dad knew Cael was a legend so he went up and started bullshitting with him and asked him why he bounced. Cael said "this is where all the talent is." He ain't wrong. Our rasslin' club coach sends his sons to NJ for some camp every year and they're both elite in SC but totally pedestrian amongst the kids in the northeast. Coach's oldest kid told me "I thought I was a good wrestler until I went up there." It's just a function of population and Iowa is fucked.

Again, I was at ISU when Joe Heskett and Cael were wrestling and the program was very solid under Douglas and getting top 3 finishes, and you could walk up and get tickets anytime.

As for my kid, he was 9, just turned 10. He's small and has limitless energy and honestly would be a great wrestler but he doesn't have the heart for it. Did one tourney last year, won all 3 matches, pinned the last kid and made him cry and I kind of knew his wrestling career was over right there. He likes the practices though and they are great workouts so he keeps going.

Give me a break. You take Iowa and Wisconsin out of the Big Ten West and the shitbag teams left behind would all fit in perfectly with the Big 8. We're not playing fucking murderer's row out there and if you draw a dogshit schedule on the crossovers the schedule can be pretty damned soft. Campbell is a choke artist because he overthinks it and puts all of his eggs in the Iowa basket.
False. Our shitbag teams over several iterations would dominate their shitbag conglomeration. Again, nebraska got here thinking they could sustain success with their reputation and budget after Warden Osbourne left, and they failed. Their money, facilities, and reputation didn’t do shit. They were the perfect litmus test because if any team was set up for a successful change of conference it was nebraska.

Again, I was at ISU when Joe Heskett and Cael were wrestling and the program was very solid under Douglas and getting top 3 finishes, and you could walk up and get tickets anytime.

As for my kid, he was 9, just turned 10. He's small and has limitless energy and honestly would be a great wrestler but he doesn't have the heart for it. Did one tourney last year, won all 3 matches, pinned the last kid and made him cry and I kind of knew his wrestling career was over right there. He likes the practices though and they are great workouts so he keeps going.
Just so everyone knows, there’s an unwritten rule among Hawkeye wrestling fans that Sanderson is referred to by his actual given name, “Carl.”

It’s a function of both autocorrect when you type Cael as well as a sign of disrespect.

Carry on.

Latest posts