Josh Ogundele Better Prepared to Help Hawkeyes

He has to be ready to answer the bell. This league will chew you up and spit you out if you are soft inside. And Garza and Nunge are big losses.

Playing time will be in the 5-15 minute range. His play in the non-con will dictate how much playing time he gets in conference play. I guess the comp is Olesani....can he be a major contributor on both ends of the floor by his junior year?

How long does it take to get a big guy in shape? He wasn't hurt or rehabbing anything was he? I guess I find it odd that a young 19 yr old D1 basketball playing kid could be out of shape to the extent that he couldn't play 5-10 mins of competitive basketball. Even after he'd been over here for a few months. So that kinda worries me about him. But hopefully after a year of being on campus he can be in shape to do more then that...

I just hope he can provide 15-20 min of being a good defender and rebounder. Any offense will be gravy.

I thought he got up and down the court pretty quickly last season, I guess the question was how many times he could do that. You would think working with Iowa's weight and dietician team, he would be in pretty decent shape by now. I guess we'll see come November, which gives him another four months, as I believe our first game in November 9th.

Last edited:
Playing time will be in the 5-15 minute range. His play in the non-con will dictate how much playing time he gets in conference play. I guess the comp is Olesani....can he be a major contributor on both ends of the floor by his junior year?

1625242524803.png

Latest posts