Jim Mora Fired from UCLA

It’s an attractive job. But for whatever reason they struggle to get a guy in place. Hope they make a run at frost. I don’t want to see him at Nebraska

i agree. i think frost really can bring kNU back. And as for UCLA, I agree, i don't know why they can't do better. Yes, they are little brother to USC, but they're in L.A. man. There are more than 25 great football players in L.A. every recruiting class. It's an odd situation.

LA is a very difficult media market. Go look at Mora pressers on Youtube....there is pulling punches with softball questions. Mora handles most situations well but is pretty brisley as it is survival mode with the LA reporters.

It’s an attractive job. But for whatever reason they struggle to get a guy in place. Hope they make a run at frost. I don’t want to see him at Nebraska
To play devil's advocate, I would love it if he got hired at that tire fire and flopped miserably. Which he would.

I'd use PTO to stay home from work and read Huskerboard after Frost went 8-16 in two years. That program isn't fixable by a head coach.

I can't describe how awesome it'll be when they add the fifth guy to their coaching graveyard since 1997, and then watch the fans scream like wet cats for another 3 years.

Last edited:
To play devil's advocate, I would love it if he got hired at that tire fire and flopped miserably. Which he would.

I'd use PTO to stay home from work and read Huskerboard after Frost went 8-16 in two years. That program isn't fixable by a head coach.

I can't describe how awesome it'll be when they add the fifth guy to their coaching graveyard since 1997, and then watch the fans scream like wet cats for another 3 years.

Yeah that would be pretty funny.

I really hope what you say comes true. It will be pretty hilarious if he turns them down, too.

Can we see if they want Ferentz?

Ferentz would probably be decent in that role. The guy can pull a miracle out of his butt every now and then and with the better players that he would land being in LA, I honestly think he'd do pretty well out there. Another ex-Iowa legend is cleaning up at UCLA and he had a few players even get a lot of national press in the past few weeks. Heck, even the President of the United States has tweeted about his players. You'll just never get that level of publicity in little ol' Iowa.

Too bad he wasn't at Iowa. With his record in his first 6 years, 46-30 vs. KF at 42-31, he'd have a 10 year contract with GB running the show.

Latest posts