Jan 12th Rankings

Interested to see if northern Iowa gets in there soon. Missouri valley really missed witchia St. That conference just doesn't have much talent anymore.

Interested to see if northern Iowa gets in there soon. Missouri valley really missed witchia St. That conference just doesn't have much talent anymore.

They would have been ranked had they not gotten beat at Illinois State. That was a bad loss, even with it being on the road.

Rankings may get you better seeds but at the end of the day what really matters is getting into NCAA tournament and making a good run.

No one is going to remember who finished second or third in the conference except the fans of that particular team. Where did we finish last year? I don’t know but I know it wasn’t in the top three. I think most college basketball fans in the US would have trouble naming the conference tournament champ from most power five conference’s other than their own conference. May a few people could but I doubt the average college basketball fan could.

I really liked it that our schedule was tougher this year even though we dropped a few games because it helped the players to see what they needed to do to step up their progress going into the conference. I hope Fran continues doing it every year going forward from this season.

Rankings may get you better seeds but at the end of the day what really matters is getting into NCAA tournament and making a good run.

No one is going to remember who finished second or third in the conference except the fans of that particular team. Where did we finish last year? I don’t know but I know it wasn’t in the top three. I think most college basketball fans in the US would have trouble naming the conference tournament champ from most power five conference’s other than their own conference. May a few people could but I doubt the average college basketball fan could.

I really liked it that our schedule was tougher this year even though we dropped a few games because it helped the players to see what they needed to do to step up their progress going into the conference. I hope Fran continues doing it every year going forward from this season.

I'll bet most fans can't name the final 4 last year. Only a select few would know the elite 8. There is nothing a program like Iowa could ever do to make the rest of the country care, short of taking Kansas' place as the blue blood of the midwest. As good as Wisconsin has been the last decade plus, no one cares other than their fans.

Latest posts