James Vandenberg a Viking

Gibsonian

James is officially a Viking through free agent signing. He get another chance to continue his football career, which is great for him. I hope it works out well for the Vikes as well, as I am a died in purple fan. Good luck James!

Does Minny even run a offense that fits JVB? ( I guess anybody can hand the ball off to Peterson).

Man some of you are pathetic. I'll never cheer against an ex hawk

Lets not forget what this guy did at QB BEFORE we hired our god awful OC.

You'll cheer for an ex player who had a terrible senior season but bash a 1st yr OC. I'm not bashing either guy but as far as im concerned Greg Davis is a current Hawk so your logic seems flawed.

You'll cheer for an ex player who had a terrible senior season but bash a 1st yr OC. I'm not bashing either guy but as far as im concerned Greg Davis is a current Hawk so your logic seems flawed.

sigh. James was a college player. I've never boo'd or rooted against a college player, especially a Hawk. Davis is an adult coach. He makes more money than most and bashing him when he doesn't do his job is not even close to the same as bashing on an ex Hawk.

Also, James career at Iowa is much better than Davis. James was really solid as a junior. What changed? Davis.

JVB struggled on the road in 2011 just like all of last year but didnt at home. But good luck to him as he was a good Hawkeye all around.

Obviously there is some talent in JVB. He had a decent junior season, and the Vikings wouldn't have picked him up if they didn't see some potential.

I just didn't see Minny as a good fit. I would have thought a team that likes to pound the ball and run play action/shorter routes (ala Chicago, Pitt) would be a better fit. I've always thought Minny's passing game was more deep threat. I guess with Peterson in the backfield they may do more off-run passing than I realize.

I don't have much hope he will magically learn to handle a blitz but I hope it happens and I can watch him on Sundays.

When med school is your 'Plan B' I think you're doing just fine regardless of the NFL.

sigh. James was a college player. I've never boo'd or rooted against a college player, especially a Hawk. Davis is an adult coach. He makes more money than most and bashing him when he doesn't do his job is not even close to the same as bashing on an ex Hawk.

Also, James career at Iowa is much better than Davis. James was really solid as a junior. What changed? Davis.

Another thing that changed was he didn't have McNutt around. So maybe we saw the real JVB his Senior season, without a great receiver to make plays and draw attention. JVB obviously has shown some physical skills to make it as far as he has after the poor results of last season. If he goes on to be even an NFL backup holding a clipboard, then I would say the system failed him at Iowa.

Looks like this thread got hijacked. Ya know, last season was Davis' first as a Hawkeye. I'll bet/know JVB didn't have the offense down last year.

Latest posts