James Franklin - Yikes

Uh oh.......

If true this might not be survivable.

But...

Franklin, Dantonio, Harbaugh, and (previously) Meyer are/were the four untouchable members of the Big Ten mafia, so I wouldn't expect anything to happen.

Agree. It is all about the dollars now and it has been that way for a very long time. And the dollars and the TV sets are all in the Eastern Division.

This could get ugly.
It will most certainly not get ugly

Franklin and PSU are one of the darling B1G programs that get a lot of national attention (and ad revenue). This will get dismissed as a disgruntled doctor, Franklin will go on tv saying he vehemently denies the allegations and will have no further comment, the school will parade a bunch of former players to go on ESPN and read a script saying Franklin was the best dude they ever met, and all will be totally forgotten by week two.

Book it, verbatim.

This is exactly how it will go.

It will most certainly not get ugly

Franklin and PSU are one of the darling B1G programs that get a lot of national attention (and ad revenue). This will get dismissed as a disgruntled doctor, Franklin will go on tv saying he vehemently denies the allegations and will have no further comment, the school will parade a bunch of former players to go on ESPN and read a script saying Franklin was the best dude they ever met, and all will be totally forgotten by week two.

Book it, verbatim.

This is exactly how it will go.

Unless the doctor has some type of evidence and/or corroboration.

If true and it covers multiple injured players then this is 100x worse than rhabdo.

I could care less for PSU since the pedo incident and would love to see Notre Dame or Pitt take their place in the Big.

This is not surprising at all. At least to me Franklin has always given off a shady arrogant vibe. If this is true it is really sad for the players and the people associated with the program that are trying to do it right. If he does have written complaints that he submitted about Franklin prior to his firing this will be tough to sweep under the rug

"Lynch’s 43-page suit, filed by Philadelphia attorney Steven F. Marino, does not list any examples of specific incidents where Franklin supposedly tried to influence a player’s medical care or return to the field."

Could be a money grab / smear / revenge situation?

If true and it covers multiple injured players then this is 100x worse than rhabdo.

I could care less for PSU since the pedo incident and would love to see Notre Dame or Pitt take their place in the Big.
Ferentz/Doyle did nothing wrong. This is infinitely worse because you’re comparing it to something that wasn’t wrong. Just one of many examples of terrible communication and public perception by a failed athletic director.

Ferentz/Doyle did nothing wrong. This is infinitely worse because you’re comparing it to something that wasn’t wrong. Just one of many examples of terrible communication and public perception by a failed athletic director.

I agree that KF and Doyle did not do anything wrong but there was still the bad press etc. I brought it up because some people wanted heads to roll over rhabdo yet people on this board and others will dismiss PSU.

...some people wanted heads to roll over rhabdo yet people on this board and others will dismiss PSU.
You're gonna have a hard time finding anyone on this board dismissing anything PSU does. You didn't think that statement through before you posted it.

The tweet says he complained about it. Unless that's made up, there should be some paper trail of his complaints, at least some of them. or at least people he can name to whom he complained about this.

Nothing will come from this, but it might help with some recruiting issues.

It comes across like sour grapes, but it makes me hate franklin even more.

"Lynch’s 43-page suit, filed by Philadelphia attorney Steven F. Marino, does not list any examples of specific incidents where Franklin supposedly tried to influence a player’s medical care or return to the field."

Could be a money grab / smear / revenge situation?

Could be, but it could also be a doctor and his attorney not wanting to violate HIPAA by saying "on November 3, 2018, while ignoring medical advice, Coach Franklin ordered that KiJana Carter, the starting running back on the PSU team, be cleared to play despite suffering a subdermal hemorrhoid tear during the prior game."

Latest posts