Isn't it ironic

1hawkeye1

That all these peeps on this board be bangin' on Fran for not recruiting Iowa players like UNI, then on the football forum KF gets mocked for signing too many Iowa kids.

Things-That-Make-You-Go-Hmmm.jpg

Not really that ironic, because Basketball is a quite different sport than
Football. So, if you're thinking about an idea, perhaps gather a lot of info, too.

Keeping it Real, right here in REALville

You bring up a good point. Which is that Fran is not very good at evaluating talent, if all of the Iowa kids he recruited were the wrong Iowa kids.

A couple of you guys need to drink more alcohol, or quit altogether. It is a depressant, after all!

Gosh dang Throw money to Tom Izzo , tell him to come to Iowa! Throw money to Thad Matta, tell him to come to Iowa, or throw money to Bo Ryan, and tell him come to Iowa. Forget Siena coach for a moment. We would still have same result even if we have Tom , Bo Or Thad as a coach. Very few players want to play Iowa. It's not easy coaching Iowa. I think Fran's very good coach. He knows the risk coming here! Come on.....
I think he's doing a great job!

You bring up a good point. Which is that Fran is not very good at evaluating talent, if all of the Iowa kids he recruited were the wrong Iowa kids.

He was in early on Ulis... I'd say he evaluated that one pretty well. Uhl seems like like he has a high ceiling.

I guess I'm at the point where next years recruiting class will tell me what I need to know. If at least a couple I those guys
aren't logging some minutes next year, I'll be concerned as we need better talent and I think we should be able to see that fairly early in this class as to whether or not we got it.

He was in early on Ulis... I'd say he evaluated that one pretty well. Uhl seems like like he has a high ceiling.

I guess I'm at the point where next years recruiting class will tell me what I need to know. If at least a couple I those guys
aren't logging some minutes next year, I'll be concerned as we need better talent and I think we should be able to see that fairly early in this class as to whether or not we got it.
Next year's class is troubling in that it doesn't address our immediate areas of need. We landed 4 wing players. We need Centers (especially if they are going to take 2 or 3 years to develop) and Power forwards. I'm assuming Fran thinks 1 or 2 of those wings could play the point, ala Marble.

One player can turn around a bball program. What if the hawks had a trey burke the last 4 years, heck what if just had a Marcus Paige, an Iowa kid. Yep if there is a good Iowa kid you have to get him. Some will want to play in a certain style, not every kid is suited for ISU vs UNI vs Iowa.

Iowa normally doesnt have enough football skill players fast, leapers coming out of high school to fill the roster or two deeps . Iowa kids usually make good linemen on both sides and TEs and Linebackers. You have to get a lot of out of state good kids to fill out the fball roster

Man, you're a buzzkill.:(
He also thinks that if Tuttle were wearing black/gold he would save the Hawks (even though Iowa's problem is the Gs) and if UNI were wearing black/gold then the Hawks would be contending for a B1G Title.

Wait. Whaaa....
:confused:

I mean, this year is the exception that proves the rule.

Yep if Fran had brought in Lohaus, Morgan and Bohanon fans would be ****** because Fran was just getting mid major players. If Fran offered a no star guy like Tuttle from some real small town in Iowa people would be ******. The moral of this story is that most fans are stupid.

Yep if Fran had brought in Lohaus, Morgan and Bohanon fans would be ****** because Fran was just getting mid major players. If Fran offered a no star guy like Tuttle from some real small town in Iowa people would be ******. The moral of this story is that most fans are stupid.

Well, is it possible Fran isn't developing his players (especially the Iowa kids) as well as Jacobsen?

If I were Fran, I'd seriously consider leaving Iowa for another coaching position. The University of Iowa is so PC oriented coaches can't be themselves.

It is my belief Barta has told Fran to tone things down and behave. We really don't see a lot of emotion from him since his tirade at Wisconsin a year ago. That is who Fran is and what gets the players passionate as well.

Players follow their coaches lead. Look at football. KF used to get a lot more fired up in his first 6 to 8 years at Iowa and it showed in the players reactions. In the last 6 to 8 years KF rarely shows a lot of emotion on the sideline and the players show very little either.

Fran, be your old self again. Screw Barta and the rest of PC police. Let some emotion out and get the team fired up.

That's all.

Latest posts