IS THIS THE START OF THE ANNUAL SLIDE?

tweeterhawk

I’m looking at the team possibly going 2-6 the rest of the way, with chances to win at home against Nebraska and maybe The Ohio State University. Not seeing anything winnable on the road.

Hold on. Could be a rough ride ahead.

Our schedule at the end of the year is and always was way tougher than our early schedule. I would absolutely take 4-4 for the remaining 8 games. That doesn’t mean we are sliding it just means are schedule is a lot tougher at the end f the year than it was at the beginning of the conference slate.

Hard to tell after Purdue was unconscious from deep last night. If they didn't absolutely light us up from deep and smother us on the defensive end, I might be concerned about a skid. I'm not willing to say the "skid" word at this point, but we got blown the F### out last night and that could be an understatement.

We should win Saturday and I think we beat Purdue at home. Same with tOSU. Find one more win somewhere to finish the last 8 at 4-4. I’d be content with that.

Sure. Why not.

Dirty dozen on here need to be happy sometime this season. Haven’t had much to be happy about so far.

One eff'n game isn't a "slide", it is simply an "L" (albeit an ugly L). My goodness......lets wait and see what happens next before we get cross-eyed here.........

Really for the first time this season, I thought the team looked physically and mentally tired. They also just have not really shot the ball very well the past few games. It would also be nice if someone, anyone can provide any kind scoring off the bench. But I'm not sure how realistic that is with the short rotation. I fear the early season injuries might be starting to catch up.

Purdue beats damn near anyone in the nation shooting the way the did last night.

I just wish Fran pulled the starts about 5 minutes sooner to give them shame and a bit of extra rest.

Really for the first time this season, I thought the team looked physically and mentally tired. They also just have not really shot the ball very well the past few games. It would also be nice if someone, anyone can provide any kind scoring off the bench. But I'm not sure how realistic that is with the short rotation. I fear the early season injuries might be starting to catch up.
Nebraska ends a stretch of five home games out of seven, six out of nine.

If that stretch made us physically and mentally tired, i don't want to see what a gruling road stretch does.

Maybe all the travelling in November and December has taken its toll, just as it put us in good position with our record, metrics, and bracketologists.

giphy.gif

FF

One eff'n game isn't a "slide", it is simply an "L" (albeit an ugly L). My goodness......lets wait and see what happens next before we get cross-eyed here.........
Agree.Step at a Time.And we Have a Garza! Injury Bad news but none so far. The Players have played very Hard.Stumbles do occur.Huskers next.Garza Waay Special.

I said after the injuries went through that this would be the time the younger guys would lose their legs....

Seems that might be true

We really need Kreiner and Evelyn to be useful. We know Pemsl won't be. We might be better served slowing down the game so our starters can play as many minutes as possible.

Latest posts