Is this our year to win the West?

A huge covid outbreak at NW, Nebby, Wiscy, Minny, Purdue and Illinois forces each of them to forfeit their game against Iowa.

We finish 8-4 and win the West.

Convinced?

Convince me.

The team has a lot of talent as we have been talking about. The newer starters on the offensive line do have some starts or some time filling in during games. If Kallenberger was back at one of the tackles I would rate them more solid and deep but that is not so. I think the offensive line needs to stay healthy but they will be good.

We can win the west sure but the ball has to bounce right as we dont have that big of an edge. Two turnovers in the first game last year and some Off line woes led to the loss at purdue and the hawks just couldnt ram in that last TD or make the end of first half FG to beat jNW so we know they were so close and they were playing great the last 6 games.

Yeah those Dee Tackles look small but who knows what their weights are in the fall. We have a lot of good players in the back 7 and two pretty good Dee ends. No injuries as not a deep team.

Great punter who I hope has another great year and I hope Shudak is ready to shine

News flash. College football. Guys leave every year. New guys come in. We shall see. We do have some pretty good 3 years of recruiting upswing. Yup. No guarantee.

Why not? Sounds good in the spring. I just placed my bet on Cubs winning the National League. Everything sounds reasonable this time of year.

If Wisconsin, Northwestern and Purdue all get multiple bouts of Covid then we have a good shot.

I'm at the point in my life where the only time I'm surprised is when nothing unexpected happens.

Chances are, within the West, there will be at least one team better than expected and at least one team worse than expected, not to mention a handful of individual game outcomes that will surprise.

In conclusion, I have no idea but still felt compelled to say something. So, the internet in a nutshell, in other words.

Winning the west ain't a lot to get worked up about when the result of it for the foreseeable future is getting your nuts kicked in by OSU 65-3 the following week.

Our division is trash. It's like a contest to see who can whisper the loudest.

Give Maryland and Buttgers the boot, Add Pitt in the east and give them Purdue, and add Notre Dame to the west.

On Petras, during the KF era we have had quite a few sophomore starting QBs. It seems like the general pattern has been that they have a good to great sophomore campaign, but then regress or plateau the next two seasons. I have yet to see a multiple year starters that took an appreciably positive jump between his first and second season as a full time starter. Am I wrong? If not, let's hope Petras breaks the pattern.

On Petras, during the KF era we have had quite a few sophomore starting QBs. It seems like the general pattern has been that they have a good to great sophomore campaign, but then regress or plateau the next two seasons. I have yet to see a multiple year starters that took an appreciably positive jump between his first and second season as a full time starter. Am I wrong? If not, let's hope Petras breaks the pattern.

Worth noting that no soph QB under KF has ever had an offseason like what Petras had in 2020.