Is Iowa the PSU of 2008?

TouchDownIowa

Sorry if someone has already thought of this, but it just hit me. Are we the PSU of 2008? Undefeated, on the road, against a capable opponent, going into a hostile environment with BCS NC hopes? I hope this one ends up better than what it did for PSU last year. I have faith it will. On Iowa, Go Hawks!

It is eerily similar, but we have to hope that our guys can escape the same fate that befell the Nits last year.

Great point.

The only difference is PSU was considered to be more formidable than Iowa currently is.

There were very few outside of Iowa that thought PSU was vulnerable to Iowa last year.

This year Iowa is being treated like the underdog by some agaisnt MSU.

I don't think so, yet.

PSU was proclaimed a "world beater" by many at this point of last season. Iowa has not had that said about them yet. Many would not see MSU beating Iowa as an upset. Everyone thought Iowa beating PSU was an upset.

The game that most resembles the 2008 PSU vs Iowa game will be Northwestern, if undefeated (even though the game is at Kinnick).

Psu's offense had given people to believe they would go into kinncick and win that game. If Iowa loses there will be a lot of I told u so's fromnational pundits

Sorry if someone has already thought of this, but it just hit me. Are we the PSU of 2008? Undefeated, on the road, against a capable opponent, going into a hostile environment with BCS NC hopes? I hope this one ends up better than what it did for PSU last year. I have faith it will. On Iowa, Go Hawks!

Except MSU has a few wins behind them. If I am correct, we got off a 3 game losing streak with the win over PSU. I agree though; it's fairly similar. Again though, it's a different set of players and different game.

We actually went into the PSU game off our loss to Illinois.

But back to the point, I actually like that we are not seen as world beaters as I think this will keep the team grounded and focused more on the games and less on the rankings. It makes me feel like since there are still doubters, there is still more to prove.

The scenario is the same, but there are some huge differences:

1. Iowa is not going in with the hype of the "Spread HD"
2. Iowa knows what it's going into - EL has been bad for us
3. Experience - this Iowa team has been through the grind
4. KF - he keeps this team focused on the task at hand
5. The seniors - they have a point to prove
6. The media crapola going on - "Us against the world" mentality

The scenario is the same, but there are some huge differences:

1. Iowa is not going in with the hype of the "Spread HD"
2. Iowa knows what it's going into - EL has been bad for us
3. Experience - this Iowa team has been through the grind
4. KF - he keeps this team focused on the task at hand
5. The seniors - they have a point to prove
6. The media crapola going on - "Us against the world" mentality

+1

Completely agree to this.

Psu's offense had given people to believe they would go into kinncick and win that game. If Iowa loses there will be a lot of I told u so's fromnational pundits

Not only the national pundits, but our own board as well? This place and iowa.scout will light up and blame any and everybody.

To answer your question, I don't think Iowa is the PSU of 08. Here's why. PSU was favored in every game and was loved by the media.

Iowa is the underdog or close to it in every game and most of the national media just doesn't buy into this team yet.

The main difference is PSU was already a front runner going into the season and as always have more national respect that we do.

Latest posts