Iowa Vs. Ohio State

Hunz

I just watched some highlight footage of the Ohio State Vs. Purdue game on the Big Ten Breakdown show on the Big Ten Network. Pryor was pass rushed by the Purdue D-line so much that game that Pryor was running for his life! Is it just me or will Ohio State get absolutely owned by the Iowa defense? And if Pryor is able to even get the throws off I can't see him being accurate enough to avoid interceptions by a defense that is leading the nation in the category. Any thoughts?

You pretty much hit it on the head. If we can get good pressure by rushing 4, it's all over. Pryor will be our best player...

My hunch, though, is that we'll play more of a Tate Forcier-type defense, with the DE's playing more contain and less get up the field. This might lead to more time in the pocket for Pryor, but even then he's still not a good QB. My hope is that Klug and Ballard come to play to get pressure up the gut and maybe we can dial up a blitz or two to get some cheap incompletions out of him. That might be the game where, if we dial up a zone blitz, I could see one of our big uglies on the DL getting an INT.

But then again who knows...Pryor might not even be the QB by then!

The only thing that might bolster the O-line by tOSU by the time we face them next month is the fact they're in the 'Shoe and the home crowd propping them up. Otherwise, our D-line should feast on them and Pryor.

Latest posts