Iowa vs MSU [Comparison]

DreamSeason

Iowa:
Improving running game
Improving QB play
Great TE and WR play (minus some bad routes ran)
Decent O-line (seems they have been struggling a bit)
*AMAZING* D-line / LB / Safeties / CB's (all around great defense a bit shoddy on the running game at times)

MSU:
On-and-off running game
Improving QB play
AMAZING WR play by Blair White
Improving defense (d-line seems to struggle at times)
AMAZING LB group (blitzes could be nasty if we don't exploit them)

----------------------------------
Now I'm not too sure on the secondary for MSU, but if we can use the play-action to our advantage through-out the game; I think we will come away with a W. If they shut down the running game and we start to run out of the shotgun and abandon running the ball; we will be in trouble and might see a late loss to MSU.

I guess this is my simple synopsis of the game. What do you guys think?

I would tend to agree. I think that Blair White has rarely been marked by a defensive backfield as solid as Iowa's, so we might be able to frustrate him. He only had 1 catch for 8 yards against Wisconsin. Generally, he has proven to be off and on.

I would tend to agree. I think that Blair White has rarely been marked by a defensive backfield as solid as Iowa's, so we might be able to frustrate him. He only had 1 catch for 8 yards against Wisconsin. Generally, he has proven to be off and on.

Good point. I think if we can get some pressure on Cousins (had no problem so far this year doing that) and get some tight coverage on White, we wont have an issue with the passing game. I am just glad to see how we fared against Wiscy last weekend with their TE and "accurate" QB. I think we are definitely playing a weaker team than Wiscy overall.

You make some good points, but looking at who they have played...they should be improving against Illi and Northwestern. Those progarms are garbage this year. It would be a legitmate improvement for MI State to continue the trend against a good D like Iowa's. I just dont see it happening. And yes, I had 3 large glasses of black and gold kool aid this morning...yum.