Iowa vs Maryland on Friday October 1st

Ree4

I enjoyed last year's Friday game, got off work, went to the store and met friends and had plenty of time to settle in to watch the game. Definitely something different and I'm good with it (as long as it's away and 7pm or later). Looks like we'll be seeing more of these in the future?

Anyone despise Friday night games?

This will be the Friday after Iowa hosts Colorado State the previous Saturday, so I guess that does not sound too bad.

Friday games are great as a TV watcher as long as Iowa wins. It puts me in a good mood for the whole weekend. Then you can sit back and enjoy the rest of weekend watching other games on Saturday or do something else Saturday afternoon. Its all good

Another thing I just realized about 2021. Iowa plays all its non-divisional foes first,
Indy, ISU, Kent St, Col St, @MD and then PSU

Iowa does not play a division foe until it plays Purdue on Oct 16. The first of 6 straight division games to close out the season..

So if Iowa does struggle early, the team can still recover and win the division by beating everybody in their last 6 games.

I enjoyed last year's Friday game, got off work, went to the store and met friends and had plenty of time to settle in to watch the game. Definitely something different and I'm good with it (as long as it's away and 7pm or later). Looks like we'll be seeing more of these in the future?

Anyone despise Friday night games?

I'll have a high schooler playing in the normal fall season this year. But the Friday night game didn't bother me last year, especially when we stomped a 35-7 (or whatever it was) mudhole into the truss of one PJ Fleck.

I don't like it at all. Friday nights are for high school football. The B1G does not need to worry about getting it's games on TV anyway, so what's the point?

Any of you go to the MD game in 2014? It sucked but it was a beautiful weekend in DC.

I hope the hawks clobber them. MD has tremendous talent at QB and Wide Receiver. If you don't bring the D they'll score a lot of points. Some say that MD is going to be the Oregon of the East soon.

Any of you go to the MD game in 2014? It sucked but it was a beautiful weekend in DC.

I hope the hawks clobber them. MD has tremendous talent at QB and Wide Receiver. If you don't bring the D they'll score a lot of points. Some say that MD is going to be the Oregon of the East soon.
I was there. Iowa started off with a nice 2 touchdown lead and managed to piss it away. I was even more unimpressed with the stadium. An embarrassment to the Big Ten.

Latest posts