Iowa vs Baylor

ClintonIAfan

The SC/Baylor game just finished, and Baylor will be Iowa's next victim.

The game will be Monday at 6:00pm central on ESPN.

A few things to look out for:

This win will be Iowa's 30th. That will break Iowa's record of 29 set in 1987-1988. They tied it today.

Megan Gustafson only needs 22 points to reach 1000 this season.

With another double double she will also break the NCAA record with 34 of them.

Watched Baylor today wow, Iowa will have their hands full. They got two bigs to guard Megan and guards that run like deers. If Iowa pulls this off they will shock the nation.

Unfortunately this is where the run ends. As great as MG is, Baylor’s front court is more than capable of stopping her. I have a hard time seeing how Iowa keeps it within 20

Don't forget Baylor has been beat twice this year. Had several close games. There's always a chance the Hawks win. It'll be a very tuff battle but if they stay out of foul trouble and play great defense anything is possible. Good grief the clowns stayed with them through 3 quarters and even had the lead. Don't sell the Hawks short. Hopefully Baylor comes out cocky as heck and gets behind early. Perimeter play will be huge for the Hawks.

I wonder if Coach Bluder reached out to Bill Fennelly for any info/help he might be able to give on how to play Baylor.

These girls are so fun to watch. They play so well together, even though they have a superstar. They are very unselfish and lead the country in assists. lets go Hawks!

The Big 10 Network last night gave very little coverage of the Iowa women vs Baylor during their 1/2 hour show. It was all about MSU and Purdue men in the NCAA, then they talked about men's lacrosse. Then, at the very end of the show they quickly ran a sound bite with Megan and Lisa Bluder. Then host Dave Revsine talked about Baylor and kind of chuckled in a way saying Iowa has no chance of winning. Then the show just ended.

I think y'all have a better than average chance of winning this game. I always love to see Kim Maulkey crying on the sidelines.

Since I"ve seen both teams in person, not that it matters, here's my keys to an Iowa victory.

Make Brown run! If she gets tired she's prone to foul.
Don't foul them on the inside. Need to keep Gustafson in the game. Plus both Brown and Cox are decent free throw shooters.
Their guards are lightening quick, get back on D at the expense of offensive rebounding.

Good Luck, I'd love to see the Hawks do what the Cyclones couldn't this year. Beat Baylor!!
If it were any other Big XII team I'd root for them over Iowa but I just can't stand Coach Kim.

I think y'all have a better than average chance of winning this game. I always love to see Kim Maulkey crying on the sidelines.

Since I"ve seen both teams in person, not that it matters, here's my keys to an Iowa victory.

Don't foul them on the inside. Need to keep Gustafson in the game. Plus both Brown and Cox are decent free throw shooters.
Their guards are lightening quick, get back on D at the expense of offensive rebounding.

Good Luck, I'd love to see the Hawks do what the Cyclones couldn't this year. Beat Baylor!!
If it were any other Big XII team I'd root for them over Iowa but I just can't stand Coach Kim.

Respectable analysis. Thanks for the input.

Don't forget Baylor has been beat twice this year. Had several close games. There's always a chance the Hawks win. It'll be a very tuff battle but if they stay out of foul trouble and play great defense anything is possible. Good grief the clowns stayed with them through 3 quarters and even had the lead. Don't sell the Hawks short. Hopefully Baylor comes out cocky as heck and gets behind early. Perimeter play will be huge for the Hawks.

I'm seeing that Baylor only lost once. To Stanford in December by 5.

It certainly doesn't seem like a winnable game for Iowa, but I'll certainly hope for the best. Keep it close by halftime and there's a chance.

Maulkey obviously has an issue with Megan being named the best player in the nation. That Brown girl isn't even a finalist for the Naismith best player in the nation

Latest posts