Iowa State Completely Screwed

STILLBUSTER

I know ... this is HN but I’m not one of those militant Hawk fans and like it when “Iowa” teams do well.

They just got completely screwed on the review - Montgomery was clearly across the goal line by a foot before the ball came out. Woulda put em up 8. Then a bullsh!t p.i. call when the Memphis guy fell down after some incidental contact.

If ISU loses they got bent over by the refs.

I know ... this is HN but I’m not one of those militant Hawk fans and like it when “Iowa” teams do well.

They just got completely screwed on the review - Montgomery was clearly across the goal line by a foot before the ball came out. Woulda put em up 8. Then a bullsh!t p.i. call when the Memphis guy fell down after some incidental contact.

Montgomery was in. It was obvious.

I think the real question is whether or not he had control of the ball before crossing the plane. If not, it doesn't matter that he made it into the end zone (Which he clearly did, as you both said). I think he did, but I can understand that there may not be enough to overturn the call of a fumble.

There was no clear view of ISU ever having control of the ball!

Replay did what it should have done- call on the field stands / inconclusive review.

My take...that was a fumble and that was also PI. Fortunately for them, Memphis could not do anything with ball on their last attempt.

Getting screwed worked both ways...............

Michael DeCourcy@tsnmike

That roughing the passer penalty against Memphis shows why instant replay is pure bunk. Not reviewable. But wrong. And game-changing.

1:56 PM - Dec 30, 2017
The roughing the penalty was questionable but I don't think it would have been called if Memphis just hit Kempt with the shoulder but then he followed it up with a push with the hands also. It probably wouldn't have been called if he didn't make the 2nd motion with the push with a separate part of the body. It was definitely less questionable than the fumble for the TD or the PI on the last drive on 3rd and long.

The PI called looked very solid because the ISU guy grabbed and held the receivers are with both of his hands.

Just like always, huh?

This bullshit gets old rather it be Iowa or ISU. Refs, refs, refs.
Sound like 10 year old babies.
Refs make mistakes
Coaches make mistakes
players make mistakes.

All are part of the game.

And really, who gives a flying **** about a turd team in a turd bowl game?

Here's the PI call they're bitching about (it was actually called holding, but they were too busy booing to realize it). They guy did flop, but to say this isn't holding or PI is just stupid. It's at the 2:03:38 mark.

Latest posts