Iowa ranked #25 in AP Poll

Awesome recognition for what this team has done so far and what they’ve had to overcome.

Our resume’ right now I would think would be like a 6 seed range. No bad losses, quality win over Texas Tech on a neutral floor, and some decent wins @ ISU, Cincy, and @ Cuse.

Still a long way to go it’s going to be a grind to get to 10 conference wins. The Penn State game feels like a big one already.

Awesome recognition for what this team has done so far and what they’ve had to overcome.

Our resume’ right now I would think would be like a 6 seed range. No bad losses, quality win over Texas Tech on a neutral floor, and some decent wins @ ISU, Cincy, and @ Cuse.

Still a long way to go it’s going to be a grind to get to 10 conference wins. The Penn State game feels like a big one already.

I feel like we are 50/50 to make the tournament if we lose to Penn State (which I have as a loss). If we happen to win it, I think it moves us to about a 65% chance to make it. I agree, I think that's a big game.

The crazies part in all of that is Minnesota at #28 Net is currently our highest ranked win at the moment.

I feel like we are 50/50 to make the tournament if we lose to Penn State (which I have as a loss). If we happen to win it, I think it moves us to about a 65% chance to make it. I agree, I think that's a big game.
I was looking at Penn State’s stats earlier and they shoot 32% from 3 (not good), but they make over 8 a game (pretty good).

If Iowa can catch them on a cold night I’d like our chances. I don’t think we can really zone them though because Stevens would kill us in the middle of the zone.

It’s a game I could see Iowa winning, it’s also a game I could see us getting blown out, I’m sure they are going to pressure the heck out of CJ and Wieskamp on the perimeter.

The crazies part in all of that is Minnesota at #28 Net is currently our highest ranked win at the moment.
Yup. Right after I posted it I was like crap I forgot minny. They are playing well after beating Ohio State and then crushing Oklahoma State over the weekend.

Fun team to watch, great Chemistry it appears and some hard working kids on both ends of the floor. I am going my best to not think about Carton being on this team with Garza, Weiskamp and CJ on the floor at once.

So far exceeding all expectations. Hoping they can keep it rolling then maybe get to 20 wins and sneak into the tourney.

So far exceeding all expectations. Hoping they can keep it rolling then maybe get to 20 wins and sneak into the tourney.
19 wins and Iowa is an absolute lock given their schedule. 20 would be gravy.

Depending on how the bubble shakes out Iowa could sneak in with 18 wins I think.

We are 5-3 against Big 10 type teams so far this year. If we keep winning at that pace we be a 6 or 7 seed probably.

I just thought of something. Wasn't CJ's other huge game the other game that Bohannon missed? If so, he's 2 for 2 for playing big without JBo. That's a big enough sample size for me to realize that Bohannon was holding CJ back and now that he's gone, CJ is going to average 20 per game.

Iowa has had some terrific non-conference wins and are doing what they have to do. Just as impressive, look at the teams they have lost to. All are either in the Top 25 or on the fringe (Depaul). Depaul is viewed as their worst loss and they really aren't a bad team. It might not end up being a "bad" loss at selection time.

San Diego state is 12-0 and one of the very few undefeated so they are formidable.

Go Iowa!

I just thought of something. Wasn't CJ's other huge game the other game that Bohannon missed? If so, he's 2 for 2 for playing big without JBo. That's a big enough sample size for me to realize that Bohannon was holding CJ back and now that he's gone, CJ is going to average 20 per game.

I like your optimism. However, I think teams were prepping for Bohannon and not paying as much attention to CJ. If he keeps shooting at his current clip, he'll move to priority 1a on the perimeter with Wieskamp being 1b. I don't think his production is going to fall off a cliff or anything, but 12-15ppg sounds about right.

I like your optimism. However, I think teams were prepping for Bohannon and not paying as much attention to CJ. If he keeps shooting at his current clip, he'll move to priority 1a on the perimeter with Wieskamp being 1b. I don't think his production is going to fall off a cliff or anything, but 12-15ppg sounds about right.

Kinda depends on how teams prioritize Garza. Cincy crashed down hard on Garza whenever he got the ball. Sometimes sending 3 guys after him. You can't double or triple the post without leaving outside shooters open.

Iowa has a pretty lethal combo of Garza/CJ/Wieskamp. If the other guys can hit their 3's as well Iowa is a tough out for any team.

So, I'm thinking a few more injuries and we could crack the top ten. That's how it works right?

To think Nunge, Bohannon, and Patrick McCaffery go down and we are a ranked team with some really good wins...away from home.

We are going to need someone like Toussaint, Evelyn, Kreiner, and Pemsl to have some big nights for us to keep winning on the road. So far so good.

From a pure scoring perspective I think Connor is a little concern right now. I like what he’s bringing to the team in other areas obviously but the fact of the matter is we are going to need him to score a little bit. The injuries have moved him up on the pecking order in terms of scoring.

In the 5 games since Vegas he’s 11/31 35% from the floor. Free throws have helped offset that some but last year his free throw attempts dropped sharply when we got to a conference play. If he starts having several games with 6 or less points that’s going to only increase the scoring burden for other guys. He needs to continue to take and hopefully make some three point shots. We have 18 conference games left, if he could make something like 10-12 3s in those 18 games I think that would be a huge lift for us.

Latest posts