Iowa ranked #1 in the B1G in defensive turnovers

InGoodCo

All jokes aside, as much as Fran gets railed on his defensive approach - I have to give him and the staff props for recognizing that they aren't the best half court defensive team and they are taking the ball away better than anyone in the B1G. Take it from opposition before they can even get set on O has really helped this team.

Remember, Fran's too dumb to figure out things and can't recruit, he just keeps getting bailed out by these All Americans who were coming to Iowa anyways

81iaGxxnXtL._SY445_.jpg

I think our press that we run helps a lot with this stat. With our length, we can cause some teams fits and get them to make bad passes into the long arms of PMac or a Murray.

Definitely adds to the excitement when watching this team. There is a little fan "high" when a team creates a turnover.

I’m wondering if Fran might go to the press earlier tonight against Purdue. They had trouble with it last time we played and got us back in the game.

I would like to see the Mr. Davis press....some full court pressing out of this team from time to time. If anything, to see what they could do with that as well.

In Iowa's favor .......home game. Not in Iowa's favor........most everything else.

* Can Keegan show he's a 1st round pick tonight?
* Will Iowa give him more touches?
* Can we hit the 3's tonight if they focus on Keegan?
* Can Iowa improve their defensive rebounding struggles?
* Can Iowa create enough points off of turnovers?

GO HAWKS!

All jokes aside, as much as Fran gets railed on his defensive approach - I have to give him and the staff props for recognizing that they aren't the best half court defensive team and they are taking the ball away better than anyone in the B1G. Take it from opposition before they can even get set on O has really helped this team.

Remember, Fran's too dumb to figure out things and can't recruit, he just keeps getting bailed out by these All Americans who were coming to Iowa anyways

81iaGxxnXtL._SY445_.jpg

Iowa's press has been pretty effective all year. Cherry picking one stat seems weird though only Minny and Neb have worse defenses in the Big 10 per KenPom.

Iowa's press has been pretty effective all year. Cherry picking one stat seems weird though only Minny and Neb have worse defenses in the Big 10 per KenPom.
Turnovers are a pretty important part of the game, I didn't feel I was cherry picking anything. For as bad as their D is (I think that is being driven by rebounding as much as anything this season) , they are turning teams over, which is good for Iowa.