Iowa- Preseason #25

Ree4

The most accurate rating measure in the land was released (ESPN's FPI) and it lists Iowa at #25. Nice to see some early season Cred!

Link

With what we lose on defense, if we finish ranked, that means Brian Ferentz must have really pulled his head out of his yoonowut.

Not to mention our entire backfield.

Oh, I see what Ree4 did there. He put a pound sign instead of the number 1. :p

I don't care for FPI, but last year preseason they had Iowa winning 6.8 games and losing 5.2....so they basically nailed it.

We will be fine. Line can cover a little for inexperience.
I'm kind of excited to see Eppy and McDonald on the the field.
Those two are going to be a terror off the edge and both are ball hogs.
Be interesting to see what an O does does when they are both on the same side of the field compared to opposite sides.
Maybe not in height and weight, but we could very well see a lot of Von Miller flashes out of those two.
Just need to make sure we are stout in the middle.
Be nice after all these years to see QBs getting hurried, sacked and stripped.
Granted we develop db's with the best of them, but giving them some help is a win win.

Last edited:
With what we lose on defense, if we finish ranked, that means Brian Ferentz must have really pulled his head out of his yoonowut.

IMO on defense next year it all comes down to the DL. Get penetration and control the line to hide the fact that we have brand new LB's. Should be fun to find out what an offseason of Chris Doyle does to AJ Epenesa.

Wouldn’t mind starting out there and working into the top ten.

Well we open the Big Ten with Wisconsin at home this year so game 1 will basically make or break our conference season. If Iowa can somehow get past Iowa State and Wisconsin, its pretty smooth sailing the rest of the way except for that road game in Sanduskyville.

Wouldn’t mind starting out there and working into the top ten.
That wouldn't hurt
We will be fine. Line can cover a little for inexperience.
I'm kind of excited to see Eppy and McDonald on the the field.
Those two are going to be a terror off the edge and both are ball hogs.
Be interesting to see what an O does does when they are both on the same side of the field compared to opposite sides.
Maybe not in height and weight, but we could very well see a lot of Von Miller flashes out of those two.
Just need to make sure we are stout in the middle.
Be nice after all these years to see QBs getting hurried, sacked and stripped.
Granted we develop db's with the best of them, but giving them some help is a win win.

Oh and you know Doyle is going to push himself and that group hard. Making it even better at an excellerated rate.
I'm not to worried about the D. They came to play.
Let's just hope Copeland can get us four excellent ones from his squad.
Ol is..... Verdict still out. If we can land on a rotation, that would go a long ways in the feel good and fuzzy zone. Having Tristan 2nd year helps no doubt, but he's one man.

Uh oh that is the kiss of death for KF, now the pressure is on and he will play not to lose, highly ranked hawk teams sometimes stumble, I hope that is not the case

This one is simple, schedule. Iowa usually takes advantage of weak schedules. See 2015...basically every season since 05.
Will I ever live to see Iowa have a good season against an also tough schedule....I do not know.

This one is simple, schedule. Iowa usually takes advantage of weak schedules. See 2015...basically every season since 05.
Will I ever live to see Iowa have a good season against an also tough schedule....I do not know.
Dude, '08 and '09 were against brutal schedules. Sports-reference.com has them at 21st and 8th toughest, respectively. Just off the top of my head you have a top 25 Pitt team, a top 20 MSU once, two top 5 PSU teams, one top 15 Wisconsin team, top 10 OSU, and a top 25 NW once.

'15 might have been weak, but the narrative that Iowa only has success against weak schedules is BS.

Latest posts