Iowa Picks Up Grad Transfer TE

He is a big, sturdy looking player and seems to have good speed on the video. He will probably be good a learning the playbook. And with 2 years to play, he can get playing time in '22 and hopefully not have to fill in for injuries, but still get some plays.

And then when LaPorta leaves this guy could be one of the two top TEnds.

a little off topic - LSU picks up ASU QB transfer -
"Daniels is a graduate transfer, which means he'll be eligible to start the quarterback competition during spring football. He's expected to arrive mid-March, a source said, and his graduate program will allow to him enroll and be eligible."

Is this a new thing?? Can you just start a grad program anytime you want?
Or is it like a NCarolina / Duke basketball degree program

Is Yelverton hurt or not progressing? I kinda thought him and Lachey would be a heck of a tandem of TEs once La Porta leaves.

Is Yelverton hurt or not progressing? I kinda thought him and Lachey would be a heck of a tandem of TEs once La Porta leaves.
So come to find out from the pre spring ball depth chart that Yelverton isn't on roster anymore. So that makes this addition make more sense. I assume that they knew about Yelverton leaving prior to this. I never saw why. If he's just hopping in the portal or what

a little off topic - LSU picks up ASU QB transfer -
"Daniels is a graduate transfer, which means he'll be eligible to start the quarterback competition during spring football. He's expected to arrive mid-March, a source said, and his graduate program will allow to him enroll and be eligible."

Is this a new thing?? Can you just start a grad program anytime you want?
Or is it like a NCarolina / Duke basketball degree program
LSU is at the forefront of academic excellence. they have masters programs in "self guided study" where scholars can take online classes at their own pace. they pioneered this system before covid, and joe burrow famously never saw the inside of a classroom at LSU but managed to attain a masters degree, and lead LSU to a natty and win the heisman. the starting salary for these self guided study programs is very high because they confer a skill set that is in very high demand. students shouldn't be tied to antiquated academic calendars and i really appreciate lsu's cutting edge approach to this program.