Iowa Only Team Out of 124 FBS Teams to NOT Have Backup Play a Snap

WindyCityHawkI

This is absolutely unacceptable when you consider we will be starting a new QB next year, which will only happen because JVB graduates.

No one expected Ruddock to come in and save the day. Why not use a blowout as an opportunity to get some live on the job training for him? It is not like there was any hope of a comeback. Another coaching decision that is quite the headscratcher.

Same thing happened in 2009 until JVB was forced in against NW. I think he got three snaps at the end of the ISU game and that was it. I don't get why Iowa is so bad at getting their backups in.

I take it you meant only team to not have a backup take a snap?????

This is absolutely unacceptable when you consider we will be starting a new QB next year, which will only happen because JVB graduates.

No one expected Ruddock to come in and save the day. Why not use a blowout as an opportunity to get some live on the job training for him? It is not like there was any hope of a comeback. Another coaching decision that is quite the headscratcher.

Same thing happened in 2009 until JVB was forced in against NW. I think he got three snaps at the end of the ISU game and that was it. I don't get why Iowa is so bad at getting their backups in.

And the following week, when asked about this in his press conference Ferentz made some snarky remark about how absurd it was to expect backups to get reps. And that was about practice reps! Yet more evidence of his tunnel vision.

Latest posts