Iowa needs a Nick Bell, a Shonn Greene, or a Ron Dayne

HaydenHawk56

If they continue to insist on running into brick walls. Need a guy to knock the wall over....then let a guy like a Tony Stewart, a Wadley, or Goodson get big yards on a tired defense.

Can't Kirk convert some big boy over into a running back like they did Nick Bell? As I recall, wasn't he converted into a running back from another position? If they can't find someone on the recruiting trail like that.

And, oh ya, a bigger offensive line to block for them would be nice.

Northside Hawk

Wasn't Bell a TE??
D Lineman or LB.

He had breakaway speed in addition to his size and strength. Hayden promised his a fair shot at RB.

That proved to be a pretty good call. When there was a thread a while back asking posters to name their four all time Iowa Runnong Backs I had Bell as one of my four. Shonn Greene was another.

DrKnipe

If they continue to insist on running into brick walls. Need a guy to knock the wall over....then let a guy like a Tony Stewart, a Wadley, or Goodson get big yards on a tired defense.

Can't Kirk convert some big boy over into a running back like they did Nick Bell? As I recall, wasn't he converted into a running back from another position? If they can't find someone on the recruiting trail like that.

And, oh ya, a bigger offensive line to block for them would be nice.
We had Weisman remember? I don’t disagree with you though.

Hawkfnntn

Wouldn't hurt... But the folks talking about the schemes and situational play calling are on the money. We are way too predictable with the running game. Goodson is a good RB if he had holes he'd get possitive yards.

JoeyLabasForPresident

I don't think Goodson will play a single down in the NFL. Jonathon Taylor might be the best RB in the NFL right now. I think the difference is staggering. Hope I am wrong!
Goodson will never be an NFL contributor like Taylor. But he would have stats a lot like Taylor’s at Wisconsin if Goodson played at Wisconsin.