Iowa gets grad transfer from Nevada

I don't get it, Jay Norvell is really starting to do things in Reno. Why would he give up everything out there to come here?

Is it just me, or is this a bigger deal than perhaps being documented? What I mean is, this is Kirk & co. taking a transfer athlete. This is rare to me, and a skill position to boot. Maybe, just ever so slightly, Kirk is trying a few new things, dipping his toe in the water. This is a good pick up, kid can play. IF... IF this goes well perhaps Kirk will take a chance on a receiver next year?!??

Is it just me, or is this a bigger deal than perhaps being documented? What I mean is, this is Kirk & co. taking a transfer athlete. This is rare to me, and a skill position to boot. Maybe, just ever so slightly, Kirk is trying a few new things, dipping his toe in the water. This is a good pick up, kid can play. IF... IF this goes well perhaps Kirk will take a chance on a receiver next year?!??

It is a little surprising considering Kirk's "master the playbook, perfect your blocking and wait your turn" approach. I'd like to believe KOK and BF have developed a "here's how get the old man to accept our changes" strategy.

I thought Iowa was all set at RB. Maybe JB got a very good reference from his coach and KF said, yes, our kind of guy. Maybe KF sees risk at the RB positon (grades etc)

Something that might go unnoticed in that video, but he looks like a willing and very able blocker. He made quite a few nice plays in pass protection, something that without a doubt KF noticed about him.

He is leaving a great situation in Nevada-Reno, one of the most passionate fan bases and one of the best college towns in America.

Something that might go unnoticed in that video, but he looks like a willing and very able blocker. He made quite a few nice plays in pass protection, something that without a doubt KF noticed about him.

I noticed the blocking. He also seems to have good vision. I am still a little surprised considering Nevada runs a pistol offense. That's quite a transition to make from pistol to pro-set/power-I.

Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I'd say it all but guarantees (minus injuries & who knows what) that the freshman coming in RS. That gives us 4 solid bodies plus Joly. No need to burn the new kids RSs

Let me just say - Ron Coluzzi. A huge reason for last year's success. I was hoping for a QB, or a WR. Interesting move. Got to be BF. Another year with two 1000 yard rushers in the works?

I like the idea that he is a graduate transfer and can immediately play. It's a little odd coming from the situation he is in. Maybe its the new OC and a chance to play closer to home. Either way, it could pay dividends to have an experienced back to spell Wadley.

Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I'd say it all but guarantees (minus injuries & who knows what) that the freshman coming in RS. That gives us 4 solid bodies plus Joly. No need to burn the new kids RSs

Exactly, I remember the days where Paki O'Meara and Rick Bayless were our go to backs due to injury. Both were way down the depth chart.

I thought Iowa was all set at RB. Maybe JB got a very good reference from his coach and KF said, yes, our kind of guy. Maybe KF sees risk at the RB positon (grades etc)
The "etc".. got me thinking. Realizing that Wadley is possibly Heisman material and having no known quantities behind him (read DMX departure) this is really a solid conservative move. There are going to be issues at WR and having to worry about who is toting the rock would be a huge distraction. This could also be an acknowledgement that there is little expectation of a passing game developing and depth @ RB becomes paramount in that situation.

I love this addition. He looks to be a great backup to Wadley and we should be able to run on about everyone

Latest posts