Iowa-Georgia to Play Saturday?

I don't see any way this happens. Not enough time to prepare for either team. It's not like they play every year and know each other inside and out. Bowl game? Yes. Regular season ending game on 4 days notice? No.

Playing Georgia this weekend would be amazing. Two bowl game level competitions in one year for a damn good (not great) Iowa team.

I don't see any way this happens. Not enough time to prepare for either team. It's not like they play every year and know each other inside and out. Bowl game? Yes. Regular season ending game on 4 days notice? No.

Kirk said as much when asked. It was a fun little rumor on Twitter this afternoon though.

It's a shame it got shut down and was only a rumor. IMO the BYU vs. Coastal Carolina game was one of the best games I'd seen this year and wasn't it thrown together in less than a week. Would have made for a fun Saturday evening.

It sure would be awesome to get an SEC team to play a game in Iowa in December!
And would be nice to play a team out of conference not from the MAC or Iowa State. We haven’t played a huge out of conference national attention game since Miami in the early 90s.

Kirk said in his presser there’s no way a game is happening.
And we know he calls the shots right? He said it wouldn't be fair to the players or coached to switch teams mid week. He said that they had 75% of the game plan in for this week for UM already and it would be a huge disservice to the Iowa program to put them at such a disadvantage.... and weirdly enough, I gotta agree with him.

And we know he calls the shots right? He said it wouldn't be fair to the players or coached to switch teams mid week. He said that they had 75% of the game plan in for this week for UM already and it would be a huge disservice to the Iowa program to put them at such a disadvantage.... and weirdly enough, I gotta agree with him.
Yeah the idea sounds good until you go out and look like the Texas State Armadillos.

I'm okay with not having a makeup, the season ended on the absolute best note it possibly could other than the cancellation. The bowl will be here soon enough and if that gets cancelled there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

I thought it was funny in the presser when Kirk kept getting asked about it and he finally goes, "It's 2020 so who knows what's going to happen for sure, but if it they schedule a game I'm not going to be real happy about it."

That's when I kinda knew for sure........yeah, nope. It ain't gonna take place.

Latest posts