Iowa City #1 College Town

It's the only place I would want to live in Iowa. I know there are nice communities everywhere in the state...but there really is something special about Iowa City. Good to know, the last few decades have been good for the city. I think the B10 has so much money now...the University will continue to improve facilities, etc.

I had some concerns about some of the crack downs on person liberties around Kinnick during game day several years ago, but when I was there a few years ago...tailgating was still pretty damn nice. Hopefully the restaurant scene is improving also...being a foodie...that's become pretty important c onsideration as I get older.

The only drawback that I can point to would be the lack of a major airport within a decent drive. Driving to Chicago or Des Moines would be a pain in the ass.

And yet they will continue to jack up the cost of attendance... Also driving from Des Moines really isn't too bad.

Yep, the education industrial complex is out of control. There is no missing the fact that as soon as the rules relaxed and ability to borrow increased for students...the complex took advantage. It's absolutely shameful. I had student loans every year I went to Iowa. A student today would have 4 times the amount of debt with housing, etc.

Listen, it's been several years since I was in Iowa City, and I know the cost of living expenses are certainly much higher, and should be...but not 4 times higher. This generation has been screwed and I'm not sure they even got a kiss during the process.

When I learned about Jane Meyer making $180,000 to watch paint dry after her reassignment...in Iowa City no less..well, that kind of opened my eyes. The problem I see is the "Administration" falling victim to their own inflated view that academics usually have about themselves. I'm educated...I'm of considerable value...I deserve more. The real problem is that they are in a position to act on those beliefs and have. They have, however, been very kind in the way they have asked students to bend over. Isn't that nice.

Latest posts