Iowa Basketball Recruit Aaron White Live Chat Q&A

Hawkstrat: How excited will you be to hear the chants of Gingawhitus rain down in Carver?

Cause he's a redhead and his last name is white???

Also, any word on whether Iowa will bring back midnight madness?

Great interview. He seems to be grounded and I am looking forward to watching him grow as a piece of the puzzle.

Very good interview. Also, a good Q&A with Marble on the website as well. Maybe the Hawkeyenation.com people could effort to bring some of that unique content to this website.

Wow, the obsession some have with making up absolutely stupid nicknames for players is scary. Really good read until that exponentially stupid comment. How about we call him Aaron White, maybe Aaron, maybe White, maybe even A White?

In the hallowed hall of lame for this site, that question is easily in the top 10.

I really like Aaron's attitude and confidence, especially his comment on the OH-KT All Star Game.

"It was an eye opener. I’ve always had confidence in myself but to go into a game like that and out play kids going to Butler, Louisville, Michigan, etc. was a boost to my confidence. I know that any floor I step on I can compete and outplay the other 9 guys."

I also liked what he said about playing against George Fant.

"I’m not physical but I’m tougher than I may appear. I use my quickness and bball IQ to try and outsmart my opponent as well. Another lesson learned from the OH-KY game where I was guarding George Fant. (He's huge)."

I have a feeling that Aaron might be the surprise of the team this year. All of the recruits are supposedly very savvy on the court, good passers, and quick. Going to be a very interesting year. Three are scorers and Gabe is adept at defense, and they will all get better as the year goes on. Can't wait for the PTL.

Wow, the obsession some have with making up absolutely stupid nicknames for players is scary. Really good read until that exponentially stupid comment. How about we call him Aaron White, maybe Aaron, maybe White, maybe even A White?

In the hallowed hall of lame for this site, that question is easily in the top 10.

You are not bright, and coupled with your aggressive style of attack posting, this often leads you to say dumb things and you often sound like a moron. This is one of those cases. You spoke before knowing the facts.

1. The gingiwhitus moniker was coined by someone on this board, they were subsequently and appropriately mocked.

2. White sent out a tweet joking about getting his nickname on hawkeyenation fixed.

3. I knew White would understand the reference, so I asked him about it. He got the joke, and said as much when another individual attacked the comment on the chat.

4. The person who hosted the chat cut out a lot of comments when he wrote it up in his Q&A in order to control the length and keep it a short read. The comment by White explaining he knew it was a joke was omitted.

5. You spoke up and made an *** out of yourself, but that is business as usual for you.

They nickname is stupid no matter who coined it! It should have never been brought up on the live Q&A either!

They nickname is stupid no matter who coined it!

thats_the_joke.jpg

You are not bright, and coupled with your aggressive style of attack posting, this often leads you to say dumb things and you often sound like a moron. This is one of those cases. You spoke before knowing the facts.

1. The gingiwhitus moniker was coined by someone on this board, they were subsequently and appropriately mocked.

2. White sent out a tweet joking about getting his nickname on hawkeyenation fixed.

3. I knew White would understand the reference, so I asked him about it. He got the joke, and said as much when another individual attacked the comment on the chat.

4. The person who hosted the chat cut out a lot of comments when he wrote it up in his Q&A in order to control the length and keep it a short read. The comment by White explaining he knew it was a joke was omitted.

5. You spoke up and made an *** out of yourself, but that is business as usual for you.

The nickname was stupid. Own it.

Latest posts